Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Responds same day to controllable and uncontrollable customer sales and cancellation requests assigned to the Inside Sales Channel. Through the development and implementation of sound sales and retention strategies and the use of effective selling and negotiation skills maximizes revenues and minimizes the impact of cancellation request and rate rollbacks. Secures updated contract agreements from customers. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- "Sells and Saves, secures, and converts" by handling all customer sales and cancellation requests, providing ongoing education of contract details to existing customers, and by obtaining customer contract commitments using sound telephone-based negotiation practices.
- Resolves escalations for customer service within the defined territory.
- Generates revenue growth by utilizing a consultative selling approach in the acquisition and retention of current Waste Management customers.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes meeting customer sales and retention goals. Communicates to and works with the Market Area Sales Manager to support and resolve unique customer issues.
- Reduces lost accounts by diffusing cancellation requests
- Increases revenue and profitability by executing sound plans on sales and retention calls to improve the customers' service and/or profitability while minimizing price rollbacks.
- Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Effectively uses Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, Genesys, Green Pages etc.).
- Acquires in depth industry and company knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Updates and secures customer service agreements.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or GED (accredited) and one year of relevant work experience.
- Experience: One (1) year of consumer-based industry sales (in addition to education requirement).
- Internal requirements include nine (9) months of proven success in a position involving customer interaction.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
General Competencies Include:
V. Work Environment
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Make Sound Decisions
- Think Strategically
- Proficient with Computer and Software Applications
- Produce Results
- Know the Business
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Use Ethical Practices
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outside.
Attire for this job is: business, business casual Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
This job has expired.