At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
This role will serve as a strategic Business Partner and primary point of contact for the Merchant, Payments, Bank Networks organization and will act as a liaison with other functions across Risk, Legal and Customer Operations. This role will work directly with Merchant, Payments, Bank Networks and cross-functional senior leadership to provide coordinated advisory services and support of business initiatives and priorities. As a core component of this role is the ability to effectively partner across multiple business units and functions, this individual should be able to navigate a matrix organization and have effective communication skills at the executive level. This senior leadership position is responsible for the enablement of business priorities through sound risk management practices and processes.
The individual in this role will:
- Foster close relationships across Merchant, Payments, Bank Networks , Risk, Legal and Customer Operations.
- Work collaboratively as part of Merchant, Payments, Bank Networks leadership team to champion business objectives and initiatives with cross functional support functions.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to define requirements and ensure they are fully understood by the Merchant, Payments, Bank Networks team and integrated in product development lifecycle and roadmaps.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Merchant, Payments, Bank Networks team regarding identifying, assessing, prioritizing, and how to manage risk.
- Liaise across the Merchant, Payments, Bank Networks team to establish proactive relationship and open communication
- Be a contributor in business strategy development. Understanding internal and external influences and the business climate, and decision and execute accordingly.
- Partner with the business to understand their needs, and assist in identifying and developing process improvements.
- Collaborate with team members in the identification and assessment of risks associated with new products and services
- In collaboration with cross functional stakeholders, deliver consolidated advice based on a wide breadth of competencies across risk domains (e.g., operational, financial, strategic, regulatory) in a clear, solution oriented and customer-focused manner.
- Identify potential areas of vulnerability and risk, propose solutions to resolve issues, and provide guidance for future avoidance of similar issues.
- Provide regular updates and presentations to Merchant, Payments, Bank Networks senior leadership on emerging risks, trends and regulatory changes impacting their products, services, and markets.
- Develop and present ongoing dashboard tracking and reporting to Risk, Legal and Customer Operations leadership on open matters in support of Merchant, Payments, Bank Networks priorities and initiatives
- Escalate timely and actionable information to key stakeholders.
- Review results of risk assessments and provide effective challenge. Identify areas of improvement and support the Merchant, Payments, Bank Networks team in implementation.
- Participate in the development of quarterly risk and compliance reviews for senior leadership, noting key areas of focus and progress against established goals.
- Seasoned experience in a large organization including demonstrated leadership in risk advisory, risk transformation building business centric processes.
- Experience in, Merchant payment and product solutions, payment operations and risk management. Enterprise risk experience across scaled payment institutions.
- Understanding of PayPal product offering, market place and industry position
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to partner effectively at multiple levels and across disciplines.
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations to executive audiences and external stakeholders.
- Deliverable prioritization, multi-tasks effortless multi-tasking, achieving deadlines and goals
- Consistently high say-do ratio.
- Extensive experience in supporting business partners through the various stages of product development, from ideation to launch.
- Ability to navigate across multiple geographies, including global shared services functions.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including strengths in influencing, conflict management, and negotiation.
- Ability to communicate complex matters in a simple and clear manner.
- Skilled at identifying and recommending cost effective solutions and organizing resource allocation.
- Extensive experience in partnering with and counseling senior business clients, particularly in the context of a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong problem solving and operational process skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to analyze risks in complex business processes, and recommend controls to mitigate those risks.
- High energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment, and cross functionally.
- Ability to operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Typically requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 12 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 8 years experience; or equivalent experience.
Additional Job Description:Subsidiary:
- Partnership - organizational awareness, engages widely with peers and seniors across PayPal.
- Innovate - leads effectively in a dynamic, fast-changing environment; challenges convention.
- Deliver Stand out Results - develops decisive strategies that deliver tangible results.
- Execution - focuses the business area on strategic priorities; operates clear, simple systems.
- Enable and Grow Talent - builds capability and a succession pipeline.
- Leadership - contributes to the business leadership agenda; sets business area vision.
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$118700 to $246290Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.comWho We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.