It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Fenton
Performs the primary functions of a Registered Nurse in assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of all assigned patients.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Actively supports the practice of nursing.
- Assess needs and problems of the patient/family and incorporates in the care plan.
- Collaborates with other departments as needed, to establish the patient/family treatment plan.
- Competent in using department equipment such as point of care testing equipment and intravenous infusion pumps as appropriate.
- Develops, individualizes, implements, evaluates or updates the plan of care and patient educational needs.
- Effectively demonstrates proper interpretation of department specific policies and related laboratory results to safely manage specific patient needs.
- Implements, monitors and records patient care and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Takes appropriate actions to unanticipated changes in patient condition.
- Possesses excellent intravenous insertion and assessment skills to include peripheral and central line access.
- Works collaboratively with other interprofessional team members in resolving patient/family problems, concerns and issues.
- Utilizes EHR to access treatment plans, therapy plans.
- As an SSM Health nurse, demonstrates the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.
- Utilizes the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse (AOCN) - Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC), Anticoagulation Therapy Management Certification - University of Southern Indiana College of Nursing and Health Professions, Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Certified Antigoagulation Care Provider (CACP) - National Certification Board for Anticoagulation Providers (NCBAP), Certified Oncology Nurse (OCN) - American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), Certified Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurse (CPHON) - Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC), Certified Pediatric Oncology Nurse (CPON) - Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC), Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certificate (ONS/ONCC) - Oncology Nursing Society (ONS), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State License, Vascular Access Certification (VA-BC) - Vascular Access Certification Corporation (VACC)Work Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
38060100 Infusion Ctr- FentonScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.