Improving the Health of our Community in All We Do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega - with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
If you are an energetic Registered Nurse who enjoys being part of a collaborative and talented team then a rewarding career with Northeast Georgia Health System is where you want to be!
NGHS is currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse for our Neuro Intermediate Care Unit in Gainesville.
Full-Time Day Shift (7a-7p)
Neuro IMC (Intermediate Care Unit) is a 13-bed unit with all private rooms. Patients receive physical, emotional, spiritual and psychosocial support for themselves and their families. As a Neuro Intermediate Care Unit, , care is provided for patients including but not limited to:
We're looking for someone who
- Manage high acuity ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke patients
- Manage patients receiving alteplase
- Monitor abnormal electrical activity of the brain
- Manage patients with other neurological disorders such as Guillain-Barre' Syndrome, Myasthenia Gravis, and ALS
- Mange patients with hemodynamic instability needing antiarrhythmic and/or vasopressor medications
Job Specific & Unique Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Admits mistakes and shortcomings
- Communicates Effectively
- Takes Initiative
- Promotes Teamwork
- Adapts to Change
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities
- Delivery of safe, effective, efficient care that meets population specific guidelines
- Actively works to make own and related team successful, effectively communicates with patients, families and colleagues at all levels, shows consideration and respect or others and fosters customer service
- Effectively prioritizes, recognizes problems, and utilizes evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrates personal mastery, leadership of self and others, as appropriate, delegates appropriately, and supports NGHS shared governance model
- Basic computer skills necessary to operate computer systems used on unit
- Demonstrate basic assessment skills
- Demonstrates the 5 rights of medication administration
- Accurately documents all aspects of the nursing process using the electronic medical record, as applicable
- Understands & complies with all DNV standards
- Accesses and follows policies
- Provides effective education appropriate for the learning needs of patient/family
- Demonstrates appropriate customer service behaviors
- Plans patient care based on assessment
- Displays basic prioritization and time management skills
- Demonstrates the ability to rapidly recognize & anticipate changes in patient status and takes appropriate action while maintaining professional composure
- Participates in the enhancement of the nursing profession and supporting the community
Normal duties may involve contact or potential exposure to blood or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials. Appropriate personal protective equipment is to be used whenever potential existsMinimum Qualifications:Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.Associate Nursing degree.Licensed to practice as an RN in Georgia.One-year experience as a professional RN.
- Occasionally lifting up to 100 lbs
- Frequent kneeling/stooping/bending
- Frequent standing/walking
- Frequent pushing/pulling
- Frequent intensive work, requires reading, writing, reasoning, & talking
Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree
National certification in clinical specialty, as eligible
Membership in a professional organization
*New graduate RNs or those with less than one year of experience will be referred to the RN Residency Program. More Awards and Accolades.
Ranked in the Top 10% in the nation by CareChex® for Stroke Care, Cancer Care, Pneumonia Care and Surgical Care, the System is the recipient of numerous accolades including:
- Georgia's #1 Surgery Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Heart Hospital by CareChex® - 12 years in a row
- Georgia's #1 Women's Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Pulmonary Hospital
- One of Metro Atlanta's Top Workplaces for the 7th year in a row
The Blue Ridge Mountains are less than a 30-minute drive and Lake Sidney Lanier is next door. Whatever setting suits your mood, you'll find it right here.
- 47 public parks
- 8 championship golf courses
- 34 tennis courts
- 10 marinas
Atlanta, with its abundance of sports including the Atlanta Braves, Hawks, Falcons, and Georgia Swarm, as well as entertainment attractions, is less than an hour to the south.NGHS is committed to and will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
This job has expired.