Responsible for working with safety and security team to provide a safe and secure living and working environment for students and staff. Supervises security details and uses proper judgment and discretion to resolve student and staff issues and concerns. Conducts investigations of accidents and incidents with the goal of resolution and reduction of future occurrences.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees preferred. A minimum of one year experience in military, law enforcement, safety or security required. Must possess a valid in-State Driver’s License and meet Company insurability requirements.
Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and/or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
May supervise Safety & Security staff and serve as Acting Safety & Security Supervisor/Manager.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Assists Safety & Security Department to maintain a safe and secure Center environment.
- Ensures Center compliance with PRH and OSHA safety and health requirements.
- Complies with DOL/Company reporting requirements.
- Participates in student/staff safety awards program.
- Compiles, analyzes and summarizes safety/security data and takes appropriate actions to resolve issues and concerns.
- Coordinates staff coverage to ensure student areas are supervised.
- Ensures all staff adhere to rest and meal break requirements.
- Conducts and documents Center-wide safety and accident prevention training.
- Conducts and documents incident and accident investigations per established timelines and requirements.
- Ensures Center compliance with all PRH and other DOL, Job Corps and Company safety directives and requirements.
- Conducts routine safety inspections and assessments of all Center equipment and facilities to identify potential safety and security hazards.
- Responsible for Center security, visitor control and student accountability.
- Ensures compliance with the Center’s Environmental Health Program.
- Produces quality work and completes assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides timely operational support for Center operations to ensure quality programs and services. Pursues improvement in Center operations to fulfill program objectives.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)