A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Cell Therapy Bioprocessing team at MilliporeSigma is a dynamic group of scientists and engineers commercializing technologies for automated manufacturing of cell and gene therapies. Together we are supporting development of novel reagents, processes, and systems for closed processing of immunotherapies such as CAR T and MSCs. Our team is seeking an enthusiastic Bioprocess Engineer/Biomedical Scientist with core knowledge in upstream and downstream bioprocess unit operations. You will:
- Plan and execute process and capability development projects to drive growth of MilliporeSigma's portfolio in the cell therapy space.
- Work with internal and external partners to evaluate de novo and novel cell therapy manufacturing technologies for closed processing of immunotherapies
Who You Are:Basic Qualifications:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of autologous and allogeneic unit operations, recommend new and existing technologies to improve workflows.
- Develop and share project plans, experimental designs, data analysis and best practices with stakeholders and project sponsors as needed
- Work and excel in a matrix environment
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biology, Biochemical, Chemical or Bioprocess Engineering, or other discipline OR Master's degree in life science, chemical engineering, or other discipline with 2+ years relevant industry experience
What we offer:
- Strong technical expertise in upstream and/or downstream bioprocess unit operations for biologics or cell and gene therapy (preferred); use of closed-system technologies for cell processing and culturing desirable.
- Hands-on experience with primary cell culture including T-cells, iPSCs, and NK cell.
- Demonstration of solid data analyses and troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of analytical techniques and immunology for cell characterization including flow cytometry, microscopy, and metabolite quantification.
- Proven demonstration of proactive, independent project planning and execution.
- Strong project and time leadership skills preferred.
- Experience writing reports and application notes, contribute to Intellectual Property as needed.
- Well-developed verbal, listening and written communication skills, comfortable communicating complex data/decisions to cross functional audiences.
We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!Curious?
Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company's COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Job Requisition ID: 241804
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time