Here at AstraZeneca you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Scientist/Senior Scientist in the Virology and Vaccines Discovery group in the Microbial Sciences Department in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
The Virology and Vaccines Discovery group at AstraZeneca is discovering and developing biologics and vaccines targeting key viral pathogens, including respiratory viruses. We are consistently pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients. Our deep expertise in vaccines and immunology enables our ability to advance novel therapeutic approaches and technologies to prevent and treat infectious disease. We have an industry-leading pipeline and offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family.
Currently, we are seeking a highly motivated and broadly skilled bench scientist with scientific and technical expertise in immunology and a track record of scientific achievement to join the Vaccines and Immune Therapies' Virology and Vaccine Discovery group at AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD. The scientist will be a key member of a growing team focused on developing next-generation monoclonal antibodies and vaccine vectors through the drug discovery process. The position requires a strong interest in laboratory bench work and driving projects forward.
AstraZeneca has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
- Conduct in vitro and ex vivo experiments to support the development of biologics and vaccines targeting viral pathogens of interest including respiratory viruses.
- Perform a range of immunological assays to analyze antibody and T cell responses to vaccination, including flow cytometry
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization (e.g. protein engineering, bioinformatics, pathology, and translational medicine) to drive projects towards successful completion
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results independently
- Preparation of precise technical summaries, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintenance of appropriate documentation
- Contribute to publishing of discoveries in high quality, peer-reviewed journals
- B.S. in Virology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Cell Biology, or related scientific discipline with 2+ years of experience or
- M.S. in Virology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Cell Biology, or related scientific discipline
Broad experience desired in virology and immunology
- Advanced knowledge of flow cytometry is desired
- Experience studying murine and primate T and B cells is desired
- Experience with lipid nanoparticle vaccines is a plus
- Experience cloning monoclonal antibodies is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills together with evidence of having used these to support problem solving and delivery in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment while planning and meeting timelines
- Proven track record of success in your research and experience preparing written scientific reports (e.g. manuscripts) and oral presentations (e.g. slides, posters)
- Ability to multitask and prioritize numerous different projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Must be able to understand, conduct and interpret results of technically challenging experiments with supervision.Supervision
: Ability to work independently as well as part of team is expected.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience.AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
This job has expired.