If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for a Per Diem Secretary, Emergency Department, with Bascom Palmer Eye Institute located in Miami, Florida.
The Secretary performs a variety of clerical and administrative work, to include responding to general inquiries and questions, in order to ensure efficient and effective operations of the department.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Answers telephone, screens and routes calls to appropriate destination, recording accurate messages when necessary.
- Greets staff and visitors, and announces arrival to appropriate staff.
- Performs administrative tasks such as filing, typing, and copying documents.
- Schedules appointments and ensures the office calendar up-to-date.
- Arranges meetings, to include any required catering needs for the meeting, and handles travel arrangements.
- Provides general information about department operations.
- Compiles information in order to assist department leadership in managing the budget and inventory.
- Orders supplies for the department as needed.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
High school diploma or equivalentCertification and Licensing:
Minimum 1 year of relevant experienceKnowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Ability to recognize, analyze and solve a variety of problems
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Part timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.