This position is responsible for determining appropriate types of analysis, then designing and preparing exhibits for the analysis of pricing, reserving, reinsurance, product offerings and other business issues requiring a technical solution. Based on results, provides appropriate recommendations. Performs advanced actuarial analysis. Mentors and guides other actuarial analysts.
- Analyzes data and presents analysis in a format appropriate for pricing, loss reserving, product development, reinsurance and other financial analysis. Effectively communicates, makes recommendations, and presents data to appropriate personnel.
- Creates reports and pricing tools for business areas which includes analysis relative to experience and profitability.
- Prepares commentary for executive management regarding profitability trends and their causes.
- Works with various business units to help create and drive strategic plans and metrics.
- Monitors premium and loss ratio projections, communicates status to Operating Units and the Holding Company.
- Acts as a liaison to Finance and assists in annual profit planning process and expense forecasting as necessary.
- Participates in loss reserve analyses and monitors reserve levels throughout the quarters.
- Presents loss reserve analysis to executives and identifies key assumptions underlying results.
- Monitor profitability of various segments makes recommendations to take corrective action as necessary, and monitors action plans.
- Monitors industry results and trends and the Company's relative performance to the industry.
- Provides guidance and mentors other actuarial analysts.
- Creates documentation and establishes procedures for internal department processes.
- Maintains and helps design pricing, reserving, reinsurance and forecasting models.
- Represents Actuarial on corporate projects as needed.
- Provides support and peer review to the Capital Modeling team and the Capital Allocation process.
- Works with the Enterprise Risk Management team on identifying on monitoring risks.
- Attends Cat claim meetings as necessary and represents the Actuarial department.
- Assigned advanced special projects as needed.
- Exercise discretion when communicating outside of department.
- Maintain confidentiality of information processed as appropriate.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, mathematics, or related area is required. Attainment of Associate designation from the CAS also required. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. ADDITIONAL EDUCATION FOR SENIOR ACTUARY:
Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, mathematics, or related area is required. Attainment of Fellow designation from the CAS required. EXPERIENCE:
Four years of progressive responsibility in an Actuarial environment with demonstrated technical knowledge which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. Three years related technical experience which is highly specialized, complex and strategic. One year leadership experience required.
Additionally, experience regularly advising senior management on actuarial related techniques in determining the appropriate course of action and leading, planning and managing complex projects. Property and Casualty experience required. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE FOR SENIOR ACTUARY:
Minimum of 8+ year's actuarial experience. Property and Casualty experience required. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
- Advanced knowledge of actuarial principles and practices, including reinsurance, reserving and ratemaking, financial reporting, underwriting and marketing guidelines and claims practices.
- Ability to perform actuarial and statistical analyses.
- Ability to apply the principles of logical thinking to define problem; collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Excellent communication with others both verbally and in writing and the ability to communicate actuarial concepts and conclusions to non-actuaries.
- Expert user of Excel, Access, and preferably ResQ.
- Ability to learn new software easily.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Minimal travel required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.