Senior Analyst - Global Governance & Corporate Affairs
What is Tech@Tyson?
The IT Team at Tyson Foods is building the technology of the future. We're transforming an 85-year-old company into the most modern food company in the world. We're developing technologies that are used in our offices, they're used in our plants, in our farms, they're used everywhere. We're building technologies that are changing the way this company works. Everything from machine learning to artificial intelligence to utilizing cutting edge tech like drones, that will help drive our business forward. At Tyson Foods we're driving world class technology to revolutionize a world class company.
Check out Tech@Tyson!
What is the role?
Tyson Foods is growing! Come be part of a team that wants to help transform Tyson Foods by enabling technology to improve processes and our customer and team member experiences. The Senior Analyst provides strategic business analysis services to business partners, stakeholders, and IT. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of business strategies, processes, services, roadmap, and the context in which the business operates. This role is key to understanding and documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges. Responsibilities will include a full range of activities from documenting business and functional requirements for relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, equipment and emerging technologies to operational business functions and strategic initiatives. Ideal candidate for the Senior Analyst role is a problem solver who can partner closely with both IT and business teams to play a critical role in defining and enabling business change and make a real difference to business success.
- Act as the IT partner to the business, aligning technology to business goals and delivering best-in-class technology solutions
- Cultivate strong business relationships by demonstrating an understanding of related processes, requirements, systems, and terminology
- Partner with stakeholder teams across business units to document necessary business cases to frame opportunities, benefits, and risks to decide on a course of action
- Translate strategic materials into tactical deliverables and analyze and map business requirements to IT capabilities
- Assist in the project delivery of multi-business technology solutions and must have significant exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in the areas of analysis, design, software requirements, configuration, testing, and implementation
- Develop scope, analyze business requirements, and develop/review design specifications for software applications
- Conduct acceptance testing to ensure that the functional and business requirements are met by the provided solution
- Use extensive problem-solving skills and experience developing and executing plans to ensure business solutions are delivered
- Collaborate with other IT teams to ensure solutions are being implemented appropriately and on-time
- Ensure applications are properly supported & optimized, which may include performing user support or system configuration
- Maintain awareness of best practices including processes and technology and identify opportunities for improvement of existing functionality
- Manage enhancements to existing systems, vet new software, and propel the business with IT innovation and emerging technologies.
- Partner with software vendors on functionality releases and critical issues to ensure vendor solutions are aligned with business goals
- Lead cross functional meetings & organize/deliver information to audiences at all levels within the company, including executive stakeholders
- Handle multiple engagements simultaneously without compromising accountability or reducing level of engagement
- Provide work leadership and direction to junior analysts within the team; to mentor and elevate their level of capabilities
- Develop strong working relationships with business partners, peer IT teams and vendors
- Education: Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or an equivalent degree with experience equating to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Experience: 4+ years of progressive experience in business or an IT environment; or advanced degree with 2+ years of progressive experience in an IT environment.
- Computer Skills: Thorough understanding of business process design and experience with a System Development Lifecycle Methodology; experience in the following: developing, reviewing, and/or modifying specifications, configurations and/or programs to meet specified requirements; analyzing and interpreting information system proposals, and evaluating and developing alternative implementation plans.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interact and work directly with IT and business leadership. Ability to coordinate, influence, and gain alignment of cross-functional business/IT teams.
Supervisory: This position does not have direct reports
Travel: Some travel may be required. Amount of travel will be determined by individual project requirements.Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.