CEVA Logistics provides global supply chain solutions to connect people, products and providers all around the world. We are supply chain experts. We live and breathe logistics every day. Above all, we believe that this is a people business. That's why we are building a global culture of teamwork and respect. We encourage initiative, and we engage and empower our diverse workforce to grow their careers within CEVA.
CEVA Logistics offers a broad range of end-to-end, customized solutions in both Contract Logistics and Freight Management thanks to our approximately 98,000 employees at more than 1,000 facilities in 160 countries worldwide. With the recent acquisition of the former Ingram Micro Commerce & Lifecycle Services business, we are building one of the world's leading end-to-end eCommerce service offerings through the dedication and passion of our people-the heartbeat of our organization. As we continue growing at a fast pace, will you "Dare to Grow" with us?
Performs random sampling inspections in Receiving, Production, Programming, Picking, Shipping, and Reverse Logistics. Accurately documents all inspection results, non-conformities, and re-work. This is a 2nd shift opportunity, 3:30 pm - 12:00 am, Monday - Friday.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
Major Essential Functions:
- Accountable for daily random inspections in all areas of the distribution center to ensure compliance to customer requirements and specifications. Inspection samples are determined based on the ANSI/ ASQC Z1.4 - 1993 standard.
- Identify and accurately document all inspection, non-conformance and re-work results. Provide accurate, legible and complete documentation.
- Immediately communicate all inspection sample non-conformities to department management for prompt corrective action and re-work.
- Perform ad hoc customer inspections as directed by Quality Control management.
- Ensure compliance with all Inspection procedures.
- Maintain a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors and their departmental personnel at all times.
- Maintain a strong commitment to quality at all times.
- Maintain respect for all equipment used in the performance of your job.
- Must identify and report problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates Brightpoint's values: Accomplishment, Integrity, Quality, Learning, Respect, and Community involvement
Minor Essential Function:
- Comply with all safety regulations and requirements, as set forth within the established procedures and standards.
- Always maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Always remain flexible regarding job assignments.
- Provide equal contribution to the team.
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned to meet or exceed the expectations of customers and/ or business management based on our fluid business needs.
- Assists in operating the facility in a cost-effective manner
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- High school diploma and/or G.E.D preferred
- 1 year of experience in high volume, fast paced distribution or manufacturing environment is required. Additional experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge of QC functions, basic math preferred
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Workstation PC, printers, RF Scanner, preferred
- MS Office Suite and WMS experience preferred
- Avoids conflicts. Meets or exceeds commitments. Welcomes balanced feedback. Contributes to building a positive team and puts success of the team above own interest. Be a flexible, solid, above expectation performer and team member.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The associate is primarily required to stand, walk, bend/stoop, or kneel, and hear and visually inspect product while monitoring a PC. The associate must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and work for short periods with product at shoulder height.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in a noisy environment with seasonal extremes of temperatures. May work near moving mechanical parts/ equipment.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties. CEVA Logistics. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.*
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Medical, Dental, Vision Available Upon Start Date
- Employer Matched 401(k)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + Sick Days
- Tuition Reimbursement & Career Development
- A Company Culture Rich in our Vision and Values with an Open-Door Policy
- Company Observed Holidays
- Discount Programs that include Wellness, Technology, Retail, and more!
We value your professional and personal growth. That's why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. This role can be the first step on your career path with us. You can stay in the same job family, find a new family to grow in (an almost limitless number of options) or find your own path. Join CEVA for a challenging and rewarding career.
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
Please note: Legitimate CEVA Logistics recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn or via an official company email address: email@example.com. We recommend that you do not respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers from people with whom you are unfamiliar.
This job has expired.