Senior Construction Superintendent
Work hard, have fun! At MW Builders, our culture is built on hard work - but while enjoying ourselves in the process. Our family of construction companies prides itself on our almost 90 year history, our 100% employee ownership structure, our competitive pay and benefits… But what we pride ourselves most in is our people. We truly believe that our people are our greatest asset, and that's why we place a heavy emphasis on recruiting, training, and retaining the best and brightest talent in the industry. Are you ready to become a part of the MW Builders family?
Nature of Work
Supervises the field construction of large, complex, or multiple projects including its organization, planning and scheduling in order to complete the work on time and within budget
- Additional incentive compensation available to traveling Superintendent candidates!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules and conducts workplace inspections assessing quantity and specification/quality, percent completion by subcontractors, and safety compliance
- Directs total project supervision by communicating with client representatives, architects, engineers, inspectors, vendors, crews, subcontractors, and suppliers to facilitate timely project completion and ensure both budgets and schedules are met
- Reviews all contracts, drawings, and specifications and develops on-site plans and procedures for construction on the basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction
- Creates project management documentation that may include schedules, RFIs, jobsite controls, tracking reports, daily reports, etc.
- Advises project management and Operations Managers of potential problems, work interference, schedule difficulties, etc.; assists in circumventing/resolving such problems as required
- Coordinates work among, directs, and monitors activities of various subcontractors to achieve a smooth project completion
- Actively review the work performance and implement defined procedures to assure good quality control and make certain work conforms with plans and specifications
- Conducts safety meetings and assumes responsibility for overall site safety by ensuring all onsite personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc.; Documents violations, notifies project management and safety officials, and recommends/implements corrective actions, as required
- Participates in the recruiting, assessment, and hiring of construction personnel
- Coordinates, supervises and trains all direct reports to achieve project objectives
- Works with operations or project manager to assure work is consistent with estimates, procedures, dimensional control, equipment and manpower; keeps them properly updated on progress schedules; and schedules delivery of materials and equipment
- Ensures all necessary permits and other temporary facilities are in place before construction begins
- Manages Superintendents and their respective feature/scopes of work
- Provides advice, guidance, and direction to Superintendents toward their professional development
- Manages projects with multiple field supervisors
- Exercises initiative or, as directed, perform additional duties to meet the needs of the organization
In addition to the above responsibilities, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for projects of a larger size/scope, more complex nature, and/or multiple projects simultaneously
- Serves as senior technical advisor to all project supervision to assist in difficult construction or start-up problems, as well as to other departments
- Assists in external/internal disputes and negotiations, as required
- Collaborates with Preconstruction and/or Business Development in the pursuit of new projects through interviews, development of schedules, and more
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSAs)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate with, and function well within a team-oriented environment, building relationships and collaborating with others both internally and externally
- Experience with supervising or managing direct reports is required
- Proficiency within reading and interpreting construction documents; Possess strong knowledge of general construction methods and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Procore or similar project management software; scheduling software
- Advanced knowledge of layout skills
- Ability to learn new computer programs for field management / reporting purposes
- Ability to travel to various jobsites to meet project demands preferred
- Will have supervisory responsibilities; 5+ years of field supervision experience required
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree from a four-year college, university, or equivalent experience
- 10 years or more of related work experience preferred
- Physical demands for this position are moderate. Typically the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be walking, standing, bending or carrying of items (25-50 pounds) such as plan documents, papers, books, parts, etc. There may be times of physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, climbing or similar activities. The work may require specific but common physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity. Requires a good ability to see, hear, and speak · Standard project site environment may include machinery, parts and chemicals; may require protective gear.
MMC Corp and its subsidiary companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer-EEO/AA/M/F/D/V/VEVRAA
This job has expired.