As a member of the Legal Team, the Senior Counsel, Regulatory Law will provide specialized regulatory legal support and strategic advice globally across Zoetis's businesses with a particular focus on developing and implementing regulatory strategies, processes and training. This position would work closely with other legal colleagues, as well as the Regulatory Affairs, Public Affairs, Veterinary Research and Development, Global Manufacturing and Supply, Commercial and Compliance organizations.
Outline of Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Provide specialized regulatory legal counsel and strategic advice on a wide range of regulatory and compliance issues and matters across Zoetis.
- Provide specialized expert legal counsel and strategic advice to senior leaders on product marketing regulations, climate change regulatory actions, sustainability, animal welfare and other regulations that may impact our business or our customers. This position would work closely with other legal colleagues, as well as the Regulatory Affairs, Public Affairs, Veterinary Research and Development, Global Manufacturing and Supply, Commercial and Compliance organizations.
- Monitor the external environment and activity for emerging risks to the animal health sector and its customers and pro-actively work with cross-functional teams to assess and mitigate potential impact. Partner with Public Affairs and other business partners to develop strategies to ensure our customers continue to have the health solutions they need for their animals.
- Support the development of internal policies & procedures, processes and controls to ensure tracking, reporting and compliance with emerging regulations.
- Be responsible for advising clients, utilizing and supervising outside counsel as needed, on EMEA, FDA, USDA EPA and State regulatory matters and compliance with laws, regulations, rules, guidance, industry standards and company policies and procedures.
- Work with the Zoetis Compliance team to assess risks and conduct internal training.
- Ability to travel within the United States up to 10% of the time and work with global teams located in multiple time zones.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A Juris Doctor Degree with admission to and current good standing with the bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia is required.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience advising business partners in the life-sciences industry while working at a law firm, in a regulatory agency, or as an in-house lawyer on regulatory matters, including U.S. FDA policies and enforcement, is required.
- Must have experience in a wide variety of areas of regulatory law for investigational as well as marketed products.
- Expertise advising clients on emerging regulations is preferred.
- Experience in a law firm supporting clients in the life-sciences industry on regulatory matters or in a regulatory agency, such as the U.S. FDA, is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent strategic and analytical skills and the ability to help business partners find creative and compliant solutions to novel issues.
- Be an excellent communicator with strong presentation skills.
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to work collaboratively on teams and with Zoetis Legal colleagues and business partners at all levels of seniority.
- Be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, with global teams located in multiple time zones.
The following base pay range reflects the anticipated base pay for this position if a selected candidate were to be located in (Colorado). Base pay may vary based on location and other factors.
Base Pay Range: $196,000 - $282,000
The following base pay range reflects the anticipated base pay for this position if a selected candidate were to be located in (California), (NJ Remote), (NY Remote), or (Washington). Base pay may vary based on location and other factors.
Base Pay Range: $221,000 - $318,000
[This position is eligible for short-term incentive compensation.] [The position is also eligible for long-term incentive.]
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which includes healthcare, dental coverage, and retirement savings benefits along with paid holidays, vacation and disability insurance.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.