At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Sr. Electronics Engineer, Endoscopes, will develop new and innovative robotic surgical components and subassemblies for the da Vinci SP Surgical System. He or she must excel in a high-energy team environment and be capable of making sound decisions when faced with the time pressures and incomplete information typical of new product development. The successful candidate must have strong technical depth in relevant areas and have a track record of successful product development efforts. Supporting you will be a development and management team that knows and cares about what you are doing and is a partner in your continued career development and success.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Represent Electrical Engineering on cross-functional project teams that design and develop next generation endoscope products for robotic surgery
- Work with cross functional teams to develop high and low level design requirements for new endoscopes
- Develop, implement, test and document design solutions according to clinical and market requirements
- Create Design History File documentation as required by the company’s quality system and FDA regulations
- Provide rapid development and iterative design support for the testing of new technology
- Provide engineering support for resolution of field and manufacturing issues
- Develop, test and evaluate prototypes to aid in the determination of future product release content
- Provide technical support to other company stakeholders on electronics and robotic surgical technology
- Support quality and regulatory processes
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum BSEE required, MSEE preferred
Minimum 5+ years of embedded system design experience, preferably with Class II or III medical devices
- Experience with the complete product lifecycle from concept to volume production strongly preferred
Proven experience in a fast paced, high transaction environment developing complex embedded and FPGA based systems that integrate digital technologies and analog sensors and circuitry
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team is critical
Experience with schematic capture packages and layout tools, electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and power supplies. Understanding of analog and digital circuits, embedded systems, high-speed digital transmission lines, and complex PCB material stackups.
- A real excitement to learn and get to the bottom of tough technical problems
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products
- Hands-on engineer with proven ability to characterize the behavior of complex electronic systems and troubleshoot problems or improve performance
- Experience designing digital circuitry operating in the GHz range, e.g. communications links
- Understanding of component selection criteria and design for safety, reliability and manufacturability
- Exposure to FPGA logic design, tools, and verification process (Verilog and ModelSim preferred)
- Design for EMC compliance and troubleshooting/testing
Comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, qualification, and transfer to Manufacturing
- Understanding of the importance of clear and effective documentation in a highly regulated design environment
- Understanding of the concepts of design input, design output, traceability, and risk analysis
- Experience working with FDA and international requirements for developing medical device products is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral) across all levels and organizations and to effectively communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of C/C++, Python, and Matlab preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% time (intermittent)
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Travel Requirements: Yes, 10 % of the Time Shift: Shift 1 - Day
This job has expired.