Do you have expertise in, and interest in for leading Medical Affairs teams in Oncology? Apply your experience to changing the way cancer is treated in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines. Help to advance our pipeline by applying expertise and accelerating our pathway to finding a cure.
A dedicated Oncology unit, this is the place to build a world-class career. AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm with the bold ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. We are proud to work on ground breaking science with one of the broadest and deepest Oncology pipelines in the business.
We are seeking a Senior Global Medical Affairs Leader (GMAL) for Diagnostics, to join us at one of our dynamic sites in either the greater DC Metro area in Gaithersburg MD, or Cambridge, UK! Reporting to the Head of Diagnostics, OBU Global Medical, the Senior GMAL will play a key leadership role, working to define and deliver medical strategies across a tumor area and will work collaboratively with colleagues on cross Tumor asset strategies. Partnering directly with the Tumour area Vice President and their leadership teams, the post holder will bring in depth scientific, medical and diagnostic expertise to deliver leading insights to bring to our patients world class medicines.
What You'll Do:
Serving as the strategic leader, representing the Medical vision in key internal forums driving agenda items and actioning accordingly, the key tasks of the Diagnostic Senior GMAL include:
- Ensure the timely, quality input into global medical and lifecycle plans, to support optimal in-market companion diagnostics / testing solutions that enable optimal treatment choices and support patient access to the right drugs.
- Accountable for developing strategic and long-term partnerships with relevant external Oncology stakeholders and decision makers.
- Accountable, based on an understanding of the testing environment and the pathology of the tumor/micro-environment, for leading on defining strategic diagnostic interventions and tailored testing solutions.
- Be responsible for the leadership of all Medical Affairs activities related to diagnostics, in collaboration with the other Tumor/Asset medical leaders.
- Contribute to the broader strategic planning to build Astra Zeneca's medical leadership in the medical diagnostics arena.
- Deliver medical diagnostics insights into the development and execution of the overall Tumor/Asset strategy
- Minimum of Master's degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent medical/scientific qualifications and/or significant industry and/or therapeutic experience.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in pharma/life sciences and/or medical experience (e.g. significant clinical/academic/medical affairs agency roles/organizations)
- Significant Diagnostics/Assay development/deployment knowledge and experience
- Understanding of drug development and commercialization processes including understanding of outcomes research /payer access issues
- Experience and ability to lead and provide strategic leadership across functional working groups and teams within a complex matrix organisation
- Strong customer and communication skills with a strong situational Influencing style/ability
- Experience of developing strategy and translating strategy into action plans
- Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data
- Ability to manage multiple projects and products simultaneously to ensure timely, on-target and within budget accomplishment of tasks
- Strong analytical interpretation and communication capability translating clinical trial and published data into strong scientific narratives for various audiences
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table?
- Oncology experience
- Expertise in product launches and/or mature brand development advantageous
- Strong Global Project Management experience
Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours. Apply today.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We follow all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.