At Motiva Enterprises LLC, our key asset is our people. We have over 2,500 dedicated employees who allow us to fulfill our mission - to be the safest and most profitable downstream company in the world. We own and operate North America's largest refinery, based in Port Arthur, Texas, along with a petrochemical facility and supporting logistics. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, we are an integral part of the downstream group within Aramco.
The role of the Senior Hydrocarbon Analyst involves overseeing the assessment and documentation of Motiva's entire hydrocarbon inventory. This position requires a deep comprehension of stakeholder requirements to provide valuable outcomes and effectively handle communications with a diverse array of Motiva stakeholders. This position will report directly to the Margin Controllers team which is responsible for the accuracy of all transactions rolling up into Motiva's financial gross margin.
Experience and Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- This position is responsible for completing basic financial processes. This includes identifying the need for accrual entries, preparing amortization schedules for prepaid and deferred items, reconciling general ledger account balances, and preparing correcting entries identified during that reconciliation
- Analyzed financial results for the department but is not limited to, hydrocarbon inventories; purchases and sales; balance sheet accounts; required corrections; and errors and exceptions as identified.
- Collaborate with various departments within Hydrocarbon Accounting to promote seamless integration among teams.
- Contribute to the SAP S4 HANA implementation process, specifically aimed at enhancing inventory management and reconciliation functionalities.
- Verify the suitability of the back-office provider to meet the inventory requirements associated with crude accounting.
- Identify opportunities for ongoing enhancement and improvement.
- Grasp the essential business value drivers and performance metrics, offering valuable insights to the organization.
- Exhibit natural curiosity and the ability to pose pertinent questions that influence strategic direction.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in a dynamic and uncertain environment.
- Showcase proven analytical capabilities and a continuous improvement mindset while effectively conveying complex information as insightful findings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management or related field.
- Minimum 5 years in Finance and Accounting
- Knowledge of financial systems used in hydrocarbon management including SAP, Right Angle, and OAS
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
We reserve the right to amend or withdraw Motiva jobs at any time, including prior to the closing date. Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or grade.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Motiva Enterprises LLC without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (for example, TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.
This job has expired.