Job ID: 435499
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
The Senior IT Financial Analyst supports administration and financial planning, analysis, and budgeting for the Information Technology Department in both the US and Canada. Responsibilities include examining and improving processes, understanding and developing systems and tools, reporting and variance analysis, as well maintaining departmental, functional and project budgets. This position will also be responsible for IT training and support the development of financial reporting, as well as any additional special projects.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below:
- Support Senior Manager, IT Finance & Compliance in creation of executive level presentation materials for use in financial reviews
- Develop a deep, accurate understanding of actual financial expenses and how they impact variances to budget and forecast
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of IT's performance against historical, budgeted and forecasted results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and forecast
- Responsible for the day-to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas
- Provide user support, including training for cost center owners and managers within Apptio and around general accounting coding/processes
- Assist in development of user training materials for Apptio
- Provide overall maintenance for Apptio, including report development
- Propose and prepare monthly journal entries associated with month end accruals and prepaid reporting, supported by proper details and explanations
- Develop and utilize excel reporting tools to support financial analysis
- Provide timely and effective Purchase Order support to the IT department managers, ensuring proper coding to support financial reporting
- Load preliminary and final monthly IT data into Apptio to support monthly analysis activities
- Ad hoc reports and projects as needed
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times while representing the company
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Other duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of experience in general finance and accounting areas
Preferred but not Required
- Direct experience in financial planning, analysis, and budgeting
- Experience with Excel based models or reporting system
- Experience working in IT providing financial support
- Must have high proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Team player with strong inter-personal and communication skills who has the ability to work to achieve tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong financial background essential
- Strong technical and functional abilities in all areas of financial analysis
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate that analysis into executive level summaries
- Strong understanding of general accounting and finance principles
- Strong problem solving skills with proven ability to grasp new ideas and skills quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills
- Understanding of and ability to work in a matrix organization
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Office work environment including equipment such as computer and projector.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
CRH Americas Materials Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 24, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.