Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As a Manager, Renewable Electrical Engineering, you will be responsible for managing junior engineers in the electrical engineering group, as well as lead the construction of cutting-edge renewable energy projects. You will be primarily responsible for managing other engineers who lead conceptual project designs and the selected engineering firms in order to complete final detailed designs for projects to be built. The electrical systems of these projects utilize inverter-based wind and solar generators that include 1500V DC wiring systems, 34.5kV AC medium voltage collection/distribution circuits, collector substations to step-up power, and transmission line interconnections to the grid at high and extra high voltages.
Experience and Skills:
- Electrical Engineering Group Responsibilities
- Manage up to 2 junior engineers - provide guidance on issues faced during engineering design, construction and placed in service of projects
- Manage project specific construction, engineering, and equipment specifications
- Review electrical energy calculations
- Assist in the development of new projects by analyzing conceptual designs and RFQ specifications.
- Coordinate with operations engineering to incorporate lessons learned into new design reviews and specifications to continuously improve quality
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry technology through various training sessions and conferences
- Engineering Design Management
- Review conceptual project designs that comply with all critical owner and interconnection requirements
- Conduct thorough design reviews of electrical drawings: DC solar, AC collection system for wind and solar, substation, and transmission line
- Define the scope of all required electrical system studies and review results for accuracy and compliance
- Track design schedules, update all stakeholders, and ensure that critical dates related to electrical engineering tasks are met on time.
- Support project close out by organizing and transferring all as-built documentation to final project owner including electrical drawings, schematics, bill of materials, electrical studies, and relay settings.
- Procurement and Construction Support
- Review competitive bids for owner procured electrical material from technical perspective to support the purchasing of this equipment and manage suppliers throughout the engineering and commissioning process.
- Monitor construction progress both remotely and via on-site inspections and support resolution of any field issues. Attend on-site meetings with electrical construction contractors and in person coordination meetings with interconnection utilities.
- Perform factory/equipment inspection and witness factory acceptance testing for major materials.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related degree.
- Knowledge of power systems, ideally acquired through specific coursework, job experience, and internships
- 4-10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with HV/MV electrical infrastructure (substations/switchyards, distribution systems, transmission lines, transformers.)
- General knowledge of interpreting and applying common industry standards and codes
- Ability to concurrently coordinate and manage multiple projects with various teams
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Some travel required (up to 25%)
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
This job has expired.