Change the way cancer is treated by making an impact at every point in the patient journey. We are thinking and acting faster than anyone to ensure the data we're producing helps physicians care for patients better. To ultimately deliver clinical promises to the real world, improve patient outcomes and their quality of life.
We are proud to work on the cutting-edge with one of the broadest and deepest Oncology pipelines in the business. Help to advance our pipeline by applying scientific expertise and accelerating our pathway to finding a cure.
The Senior Medical Information Manager is responsible for the execution of US & global Medical Information brand/therapeutic area deliverables, including answering medical inquiries from healthcare professionals, reviewing/providing scientific consult to promotional materials, and development of scientific content to support Medical Affairs. Generally, this role is focused on two main areas: scientific content/brand support and/or customer engagement. The area of focus is determined based on the current needs of the Therapeutic Area.
Senior Medical Information Manager, Oncology - Role description:
Scientific Content/Brand Support
- Demonstrate scientific and business expertise relevant to therapeutic areas, including products, disease state management, emerging therapies, and the competitive landscape
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify scientific information to meet customer needs
- Monitor the medical environment (including medical inquiries) and apply scientific expertise, integrated with regulatory and compliance knowledge, to impact Brand/Therapeutic Area strategy
- Provide scientific training to the Brand/Therapeutic Area Medical Information colleagues
- Provide staffing support for the Medical Information booth at scientific conventions
- Accountable for Medical Information contribution to promotional review (US market only) by:
- Providing strategic scientific consults on brand messages
- Reviewing promotional materials for content and accuracy
- Contribute to the prioritization of review for promotional materials
- Coordinate development, review and approval of clinical Data on File Packets to support promotional claims
- Contribute to and or lead the development, review and maintenance of Medical Affairs scientific materials, including Managed Market documents, in collaboration with Medical Affairs colleagues
- Incorporate customer insight to identify, update, and develop scientific materials
- Coordinate with Medical Affairs colleagues, outsource providers, and vendors (as needed) to develop content
- Content includes standard response documents, slide decks, Q&As
- Participate in Medical Affairs training initiatives to:
- Provide consult to Medical Affairs key stakeholders and vendors to shape the content and development of training materials
- Other activities include:
- Coordinate, create, and/or review submissions to external Drug Information Resources and Evidence-Based Practice Centers.
- Lead the compendia submission process for Medical Affairs
- Provide consult to Regulatory/Labeling committee and the publications team on brand publications
- Respond to medical inquiries and engage in appropriate scientific information exchange with Health Care Providers via multiple channels (i.e. verbal, written, live at congress MI booths).
- Manage accurate, focused, and scientifically balanced clinical and scientific information exchange with Health Care Providers that support the appropriate use of AstraZeneca products.
- Utilize multiple approved technologies to engage customers in appropriate scientific exchange
- Identify, analyze and/or report trends in medical and scientific insight (including medical inquiries) to Medical Affairs stakeholders
- Advanced degree in Pharmacy (PharmD preferred), Pharmacology, Science or equivalent clinical experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry-based Drug/Medical Information or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication and management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply local regulatory (e.g. FDA), legal, and compliance requirements to Medical Affairs activities and drug information delivery
- Understanding of the information needs for various customer segments
- Strong collaboration skills
- Proven experience in pharmaceutical industry in Medical Information, preferably in Medical Affairs
- Experience in Oncology Therapy Area, preferably gynecological Cancer
- Clinical Pharmacy experience with patient care exposure
- Drug Information Residency or equivalent experience
- Experience working with Commercial or Brand Teams
- Strong leadership ability
- Medical information call center experience
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Managed Markets or HEOR experience
- Pharmacy Licensure preferred
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.