ECS is seeking a Senior Nework Engineer to work in our Washington, DC office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
ECS is looking for an experience Senior Network Engineer to support a Federal civilian customer in the Washington, DC. The Senior Network Engineer will be primarily responsible for telecommunications management of WAN and Internet provided services including establishing and maintaining IT and digital communication infrastructure, including wireless or LAN networks. The Senior Network Engineer will also support ordering, implementation coordination and provisioning of network services and components. In addition, management of network moves, add and changes.
The support will include but not limited to the following:
- Works with WAN and Internet service providers and the Network Operations team to resolve WAN and Internet service incidents in compliance with contract SLA requirements. This includes performing network diagnostics and corrective maintenance tasks as required to troubleshoot and repair locally managed components, and initiate and track trouble tickets through service restoral
- Managing the DOL Managed Trusted Internet Connection (TIC/MTIPS) to include: Service management, monitoring and continuous improvement.
- Coordination of the installation, configuration, and administration of all network infrastructure and transport(s) including vendor provider Managed services, WAN Optimizers, Load Balancers, and QoS and CAR tracking/compliance
- Establishing WAN and Internet equipment maintenance schedules and provides customer notifications for pending maintenance dates.
- Conducting analysis on future network requirements. This includes participating in system engineering projects to research, evaluate, and recommend new network infrastructure technologies and capabilities
- Monitoring and reporting on network and Internet circuit utilization
- Maintaining and adjusting data routing schemes, including development and execution of Continuity of Operations (COOP) plans in the event of full or partial communication loss at one or multiple sites
- Maintaining detailed and accurate online network documentation including inventories, policies, procedures, configuration, and network topology with up-to-date network architecture diagrams
- Managing the Operational Risk Management Framework/Continuous Monitoring and Accreditation of WAN and Internet supporting network equipment in accordance with the NIST 800-53 control family
- Providing live Internet webcasting support in conjunction with the DOL OPA requirements
- Providing DNSSEC zone-signing supporting services
- Providing network configuration support including maintaining a telecom circuit inventory, including addresses and configuration information for all sites and services
- Working hand-in-hand and in partnership with WAN and Internet services providers for circuit ordering, provisioning, activations, upgrades, maintenance, and management
- Assisting in validating network service provider invoices including providing recommendations for outage credits and projecting future budget needs
- Assisting with DOL/OMB mandates and Data Calls as applicable
- Preparing and handling of financials for all managed services provider costs, including existing labor and circuit inventory costs as well as projections based on upcoming projects, bandwidth requirements, and initiatives
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Network Engineering, Telecommunications, or Computer Science required, equivalent years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- At least seven (7) years' experience working in the communications/cable/IT industry required
- CCNA / CCNP, ITIL and PMP Certifications are preferred
- Strong background and knowledge of Cisco network infrastructure devices, e.g. router and switches, to include device configuration and deployment, and systems level troubleshooting and optimization.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, VLANS and data communications protocols and technology such as IPV4, IPV6, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, SD-WAN, MTIPS, TIC 3.0 and time division multiplexers (TDM)
- Experience with Cisco Wireless, VOIP, and Video Networks
- Understanding of IP services (DHCP, TFTP and DNS)
- Organizational Skills (ability to organize large amounts of data in a logical manner)
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills and usage of tools such as ping, telnet and trace route
- Strong communication skills are required
- Excellent documentation skills are required
- Ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical executives and managers
- Competent administrator of mixed-technology solutions
- Act as part of a structured operations team in support of resolving technical issues
- Availability to troubleshoot and resolve issues during off-work hours and/or extended hours when outages or projects required
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.