Senior Process Architect- Life Sciences- GBA
The Life Sciences team at GBA is growing our Life Sciences process architecture practice by adding teammates in the Lenexa, Kansas, Broomfield, CO, or Cary, NC offices. Serving many of the world's top pharma/bio-pharma companies, the Life Sciences group is an integrated team of architects, engineers, commissioning specialists, project managers, and construction managers. Architect and engineers work closely with GBA's life sciences leadership team in the design of systems associated with pharmaceutical, industrial, warehouse, and office facilities. Project assignments include Pharma/Bio-Pharm manufacturing facilities, research facilities, clean room, labs, and pilot plants. GBA offers the opportunity to work on a large variety of projects from start to finish, in a collaborative team environment, with room for career growth and development.
The Senior Process Architect will develop the conceptual design and programming for small and medium scale projects. The successful candidate will conduct client interviews and direct a project staff in developing the design, program and technical requirements. The senior process architect will be responsible for coordination with other disciplines and shall be capable of providing advice or assistance in the production of construction documents to fulfill the design concept. Life Science, Biotech, Pharmaceutical and/or laboratory design experience preferred. The senior process architect needs to have an understanding of FDA and cGMP-regulated manufacturing and lab facilities.
Education and Experience
- Conduct client interviews to understand and develop programming needs and project requirements, leading the conceptual design and basis of design efforts
- Assist team in defining project scope and deliverables. Lead a small team of internal architects and engineers to execute deliverables.
- Create conceptual designs, reports and master planning solutions for the client based on programming data
- Work with the Project Manager and Project Designer in developing the building design by testing it in relation to program, budget, codes and other issues that emerge in the Design Development phase.
- Create and lead design presentations to the client, participate in the projects' design reviews.
- Transition the project to GBA's team of architects and engineers in the production of drawings and construction documents which fulfill the design concept, meet the client's expectations.
- Create detailed meeting minutes for distribution to the team
- Be able to develop graphic and verbal summaries of discussions and project design concepts
- Maintains current knowledge of life science industry standards and trends
- Primarily support projects in the region, but you may support projects regionally or nationally based on your expertise and business need.
It's More Than Just A Job...
- Bachelor of Architecture or Engineering
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Strong computer skills to generate visually pleasing conceptual designs.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office. Other 3D software and the ability to perform 3D Model walkthroughs with project team and clients is a plus
- Superior graphic design and building design and conceptualization skills
- Good report and technical writing skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, Life Science, Biotech, Laboratory, cGMP regulated manufacturing is preferred
- The ideal candidate has the capacity to design cGMP manufacturing and lab facilities, demonstrating knowledge of operating facility requirements to define general arrangements, operational flows, adjacency schemes, environmental classifications, and interpretation and justification of regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of FDA and EU pharmaceutical standards is an asset
- Working knowledge of International Building Codes
- Develop and maintain client confidence in our staff and operations by maintaining a high level of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and performance
- Knowledge/experience in design of ISO clean rooms, labs, and processing spaces.
- Experience interfacing with clients
- Flexible and willing to assist with multiple tasks
- Good interpersonal skills, attentive and approachable.
- Must work collaboratively and effectively within a team, ability to delegate to architects and engineers.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for projects and client meetings
At GBA, we are not your average architectural engineering firm. We are about innovative people who want to solve problems. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We strive to create remarkable solutions for a higher quality of life. And we are changing the industry by integrating the design and construction process with use of new technology.
Our people are ambitious, passionate and committed to creating high quality, imaginative projects. We've created an environment where we celebrate our team's eagerness to learn and grow. From birthdays and BBQs to protecting the environment and helping families in need, GBA employees celebrate and support one another and the communities where we live, work and play. Joining our team means you'll have rewarding opportunities that challenge and inspire you.