GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Functions independently, strategizing primarily with the Principal Investigator (with a dotted line to Departmental Administrator), responsible for all aspects of project direction and administration. Responsible for the day-to-day operation as well as working with the PI to strategize for longer term issues, responsible for all activities related to development of interinstitutional research interactions and laboratory research work of multiple investigators at the Evergrande Center for Immunologic Diseases. Responsible for executing on a daily basis the procedural, managerial and policy decisions made for the multiple studies and research work. Participates in all decisions made for the studies and identifies modifications of existing policies and procedures. Has responsibility for the financial management of the study. Responsible for budget oversight and participates in grant writing and proposals. Has direct management responsibility of personnel and research projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all aspects of project direction and administration, coordination and implementation of research design process and study protocol at multiple sites.
- On a daily basis, executes the procedural, managerial, and policy decisions made for the studies.
- Participates in all decisions made for the studies and the formulation of policies and procedures.
- Identifies modifications needed and works to implement solutions.
- Responsible for coordinating animal research for the projects.
- Responsible for the oversight of all supplies, equipment, and files.
- Serves as the primary contact for outside vendors utilized to ensure efficient operation of the study.
- Participates in grant writing and proposal.
- Participates in preparing project reports for the NIH and other sponsors.
- Responsible for ensuring on-going IACUC/IRB approvals for the study.
- Directly responds to inquiries regarding study protocol and policy. Serves as liaison to internal and external population. Serves as spokesperson for the study, when needed.
- Ensures on-going data integrity of study by overseeing data collection and recording function.
- Responsible for the fiscal solvency of the research operation. Makes projections, prepares
- financial and project reports and oversees budget.
- Responsible for all HR issues on project. Oversees hiring, firing, evaluation, discipline,
- training and orientation of all staff. Has overall responsibility for supervision.
- All other duties as assigned.
- MS Required.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively more responsible experience in a research related field. Prior supervisory experience required.
- Prior experience with financial management and data collection systems.
- Strong organizational skills to formulate and complete vigorous timetables and meet the complex financial restrictions of the contracts.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong database management and computer skills.
- Must be able to make independent effective decisions in appropriate situations.
- Excellent judgment and ability to interpret information and protocol requirements.
- Knowledge of NIH contract procedures and funding.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and perform complex financial analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to supervise others effectively.
- Each area should include working conditions specific to position. Please also include any specific physical requirements - lifting, bending, etc.
- Responsible for the overall supervision of study staff including hiring, firing, evaluating and disciplining. Will orient and train new staff members.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.