At Turner & Townsend we're passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, anddoing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend's vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Turner & Townsendis looking for a Senior Project Manager to support large-scale, ground-up data center construction projects with our prominent technology clientsacross the USThe role will be responsible for all aspects of project delivery, from inception through to commissioning.
*For this role data center experience is required, andyou must be willing to relocate across the US.*
- Pre-construction/ Design/ Planning.
- Work with GC and AE to create and establish the Master Project Schedule, based on the Critical Path and key milestones.
- Create and establish the Master Project Budget, including soft costs and hard costs.
- Support contract negotiation, typically in concert with the Client's PM and legal counsel, including establishment of all GC "business terms" including mark-ups, fees, insurance, labor rates, escalation, etc.
- Coordinate Design Team activities.
- Ensure AE is completing the complete list of City and/or other Authority approvals process, permitting, etc.
- Coordinate Constructability review of the project documents.
- Provide / Gather cost estimates working with subs and other vendors for scope gaps/changes.
- Coordinate Value Engineering effort.
- Manage GC and other directly contracted vendors by working with the onsite Construction Management team.
- Manage Cost / Change Control, including change order review, negotiation, & recommendations, delay analysis.
- Ensure Budget Management and Tracking.
- Schedule monitoring, tracking and analysis.
- Ensure document control (track and coordinate addenda, bulletins, new drawing sets, clarifications, etc) process is in place.
- Ensure QA/QC is being followed and report any issues/gaps.
- Ensure tracking of all key project documents, including submittals, RFI's, change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc is being enforced.
- Coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors working with supply chain and consultants.
- Initiate close out process prior to project completion, typically two to three months in advance with the client doc control team, setting timelines and responsibilities.
- Establish close out documentation requirements. Ensure receipt of all close-out documents until completion, including warranties, as-builts, O&M manuals, etc.
- Ensure punch list, substantial completion and final completion process through onsite Construction management team.
- Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, quality issues or disputes.
- Process and track any final invoices, payment applications, retention payments, etc.
- Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget.
- Assist client in scheduling, coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors, consultants.
The ideal candidate will have 5-7years construction field experience and the ability to be highly effective in a client facing role. Must be willing torelocate
across the US.
- Formal Project Management methods.
- Cross functional team participation in a high-tech, dynamic environment
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality programs.
- Ability to present to senior management to gain approvals.
- Passionate about solving complex challenges within aggressive timelines.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and quickly-changing environment.
- 2-3years in data center construction (new,expansion and up-grades to existing facilities) is required.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management,Project Management (or PMP), Engineering or a related field.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan, please email[email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or[email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV's that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV's will be treated as a direct application.