A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Digital Sales Innovation Account Manager operates in a digitally savvy, office-based sales organization that holistically serves customers with targeted solutions, leveraging unique soft skills, tools, and data-driven alerts ensuring that every interaction is personal and relevant and conducted in the manner that the customer prefers. The Digital Sales Innovation Account Manager operates at the cutting-edge of the available technology and in a highly experimental environment where "failing-fast" is encouraged as a means to honing the most impactful sales approaches. The Digital Sales Innovation Account Manager is driven to exceed his/her sales team's objectives, and to cooperate and share the most successful digital sales techniques within the Digital Sales Innovation team and to other Inside Sales teams in the broader Applied Solutions commercial teams. As more experienced sales professionals, Account Managers are responsible for achieving sales targets in an assigned territory through effective execution of the sales strategy and proactive (outbound) contact, overall territory/account management, and travel to the assigned account if applicable or deemed appropriate based on account and opportunity size. The ideal candidate is results oriented, has strong solutions based selling skills including experience in utilizing a technology stack to accelerate the sales process. An agile, highly collaborative and early adopter mindset is preferred. Responsibilities:
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by leadership
- Effective execution of the defined sales strategy
- Efficiently manage territory through account planning and engagement with key stakeholders within an account including end users, KOLs (key opinion leaders) and procurement
- Responsible for the maintenance and interaction of accounts not proactively managed by the broader commercial organization, new customer nurturing and lead qualification
- Responds to customer inbound requests as applicable, processes reactive quote requests, utilizes digital tools to be proactively responsive to inquiries, utilizes campaigns/promotions and nurtures new customers to influence customer buying behavior
- Assisting in the sales process through data analysis, collecting relevant data, verifying data integrity, translate raw data into descriptive visualizations and actionable selling insights
- Assist in developing methods and strategies for assessing large amounts of internal and external market data for lead scoring and prioritization, sales process optimization and accurate sales forecasting
- Maintain a level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner which will enable him/her to add value and promote customer improvement
Who you are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Submission of accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates as requested on a timely basis.
- Maintain effective and professional communication with customers both external and internal
- Partner with Sales Enablement, Learning & Development, Commercial and Product Marketing to ensure successful deployment, maintenance of tools, and consistency of strategy and effective campaign management
- Schedule and execute campaigns and promotions within the defined territory.
- Manage effective pricing strategies to include, but not limited to: Contracts, Pricing Agreements, Renewals, negotiations, and implementations.
- Ability to travel as necessary for meetings, training and customer visits if applicable
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences (Biology, Chemistry, or related field)
- 3+ years of demonstrated selling experience
- 1+ years proven experience using various sales tools and technology, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office software, Sales Force or other CRM, Eloqua or marketing software, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other social platforms
- Deep understanding and interest of the evolving digital world on both the demand side (how people/companies are using technology) and the supply side (emerging technologies)
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets preferably with business-to-business sales experience
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level.
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process.
- Relevant business acumen to the Life Science market.
- Digitally savvy and social
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and/or options.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results.
- Sales competency which includes selling skills including digital sales, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency in handling distribution, product issues, sales issues and customer issues.
- Strong & demonstrated presentation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Conscientious, driven, curious, creative goal oriented and action-oriented team player
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 212500
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.