A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The ideal candidate will develop and implement analytical solutions of difficult scope and complexity for the bioprocess development, scale-up and transfer of analytical methodologies to GMP quality control groups for a wide range of biopharmaceutical R&D products. The candidate will be expected to co-lead project teams with their Process Development counterpart focused on delivering clinical material according to the project scope of work (SOW)
Essential Job Functions
- Provide required analytical data for routine and non-routine analyses
- Deliver project milestones on-time and on-quality as well as represent analytical on cross-functional project core teams with representatives from Project Management, Bioprocess Chemistry, Engineering, Manufacturing, QC, and QA.
- Qualify analytical methods for the transfer to cGMP Quality Control laboratories for release testing
- Champion or master the technical and theoretical aspects of new analytical techniques and cross-train others
- Deliver timely and comprehensive written (laboratory notebooks, SOPs, and development reports, method qualification reports) and oral communications to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Consistently demonstrate attention to detail in the planning, execution, and documentation of experimental work.
- Excel in a team environment through concise and transparent communication and effective collaboration.
- Contribute to or lead departmental and cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to coordinate information exchange and manage data generated by contract testing labs.
- Perform moderately physical activity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently sit, stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or smell.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to wear an air helmet, respirator, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber and Tyvek suits, protective gloves, safety glasses and/or goggles while performing in this position.
- The employee may be exposed to unknown biological agents
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or another life science discipline with 3+ years of industrial experience OR Master's Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or another life science discipline with 5+ years of industrial experience OR Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of industrial experience
- 3+ years' experience with small molecule AND/OR biological analyses at all phases of clinical development
- 1+ years of hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of 5 or more of the following bio/analytical technologies including chromatography (HPLC/GC/IC/UPLC/LC-MS/GC-MS/SEC/HILIC/), electrophoresis (capillary CGE or iCE and traditional gel techniques), SDS-PAGE, immunoassays (ELISA, western blot, and dot blot), enzyme kinetics, and plate-based biochemical assays, absorption spectroscopy, slope spectroscopy, protein characterization, protein functional assays, FTIR, NMR, wet chemistry and/or USP methodologies
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills in bioanalytical chemistry, biophysical chemistry, biochemistry, protein chemistry, and/or molecular biology highly preferred.
- Experience in Bioconjugates
- Well-versed in regulatory requirements at all phases of development
- Excellent time management and customer-facing experience
- Automation experience in an analytical setting (medium to high-throughput)
- Experience with instrument maintenance/troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint as well as experience with Chromeleon data acquisition and/or statistical software systems.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, able to effectively prioritize, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a matrix organization and consistently demonstrate reliability, responsibility, and independence.
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214162
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.