Do you have a passion for Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD:
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
AstraZeneca has an opportunity for a Senior Scientist in the Physicochemical Development group within the Analytical Sciences organization. The role will be to establish analytical tools and product understanding required for development and progression of therapeutic proteins from research, to clinical development to commercialization. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for establishing methods that enable bioprocess and formulation development, product characterisation, lot release and stability assessment. Through the design and execution of studies, the candidate will characterise the structure/function relationships and elucidate the critical quality attributes.
- Lead analytical method development, optimization and testing to progress development of therapeutic proteins
- Work with CMC team to support manufacturing process and formulation development.
- Design and execute detailed characterization of protein products, including identification of protein degradation pathways, structure-functional analysis, and determination of critical quality attributes
- Participate and lead technology development initiatives
- Make detailed experimental observations, review and analyze data, and interpret experimental results.
- Author technical report and CMC regulatory filings.
- Present scientific data to both internal audiences within the company and external scientific colleagues.
- Follow SOPs, policies, and regulations, and to perform routine lab equipment maintenance
- As the position will require constant collaborative interactions with co-workers across functional groups, he/she must be able to work in a matrix structure and interface with different groups within Research, Development and Operations.
Minimum Education Requirements:Education:
- Strong understanding of biochemistry and protein chemistry
- Experience with protein separation technologies, such as chromatography and electrophoresis, and protein structure characterization.
- Experience in interfacing between analytical and process teams to support process development and process analytical technologies (PAT).
- Possess excellent verbal and written skills
- Effective and collaborative cross-functional team member in a fast-paced goal-oriented environment
- Good multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills are essential
- Displays a general knowledge about drug development
- Knowledge with GMP and GLP
MS or Ph.D. or equivalent in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field. Experience:
PhD degree with 0+ years of experience.
MS degree with 8+ years of experience.
- Experience in an industrial analytical lab working with therapeutic proteins are desirable
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours.Where can I find out more?
Check out our landing page for more information on our BPD group https://careers.astrazeneca.com/bpd
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.