Sr. Scientist, Nanobioconjugates
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a part of our Nanobioconjugate team in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world! This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
Summary of the Group
The Antibody Discovery and Protein Engineering (ADPE) department at AstraZeneca is constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're utilizing our expertise in protein and antibody engineering to enable novel therapeutic approaches to Oncology, Respiratory, Inflammatory, Cardiovascular and Infectious disease. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore new and exciting technologies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of the Antibody Discovery and Protein Engineering group, your main responsibilities will include working with therapy areas to develop precision nucleic acid-based drugs. Responsibilities will include:
Education & Experience Requirements
- Producing and characterizing targeted nanoparticles
- Optimizing nanoparticle bioconjugation reactions
- Developing and evaluating nanoparticles for intracellular delivery
- Evaluating nanoparticle performance in vitro and in vivo
- Working with therapy areas to develop precision nucleic acid-based drugs delivering DNA
- Conducting experiments to advance hypothesis-driven science and technology development
PhD in in materials engineering, polymers science, chemistry, biomedical engineering, pharmaceutical science, or related field with 0-3 years of relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia.Required Skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with materials and nanoparticle characterization using modern chromatography methods, NMR, mass spectrometry, and light scattering
- Proven materials engineering ability as evidenced by a strong track record of publications, patents, and presentations
- Highly motivated, attention to detail, ability to think independently, and strong problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and assays associated with measuring gene expression and toxicity
- Proficient laboratory skills, record-keeping, data organization and ability to clearly communicate results
- Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with a broad range of materials used for nucleic acid delivery
- Familiar with fluorescence correlation spectroscopy (FCS) measurements
- Amplification of DNA plasmids and fluorophore labeling
- Experience with in vivo experiments assessing biodistribution and gene expression such as IVIS imaging
- Experience with confocal microscopy, Incucyte, or other fluorescence imaging methods
- Hands-on experience using a ZetaSizer Nano instrument
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedInhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.