Senior Software Engineer If you are a Senior Software Engineer with experience, please read on!
This is a full time, hybrid position located in Oakland, CA (2-3 days a week on-site).
Interested in using your tech talents to help change the world and make a difference in our U.S. education system? Looking for a challenging and stimulating environment thats also collaborative, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance? Over 49 million users visit this award-winning website annually to learn about schools in their area, explore research insights, and access thousands of free, evidence-based parenting resources to support their Childs learning and well-being. Due to the ever growing demand for their services they are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their team and help propel them into the future! If you're a Senior Software Engineer with the skills to match, APPLY NOW!!
What You Will Be Doing Primary responsibilities:
- Move highly-complex projects from conception to fruition with minimal oversight
- Work closely with engineering management, systems administration, and product management to guide features from inception to release
- Write and apply complex specs across the code base
- Continually monitor and improve the performance of code/queries
- Lead code reviews, engineering and architecture discussions
- Mentor/direct Software Engineers and Jr. Software Engineers on applications across code base, including testing best practices
- Provide technical guidance to software engineers and host periodic training sessions
- Collaborate with non-technical colleagues to define user interactions, functionality and system requirements
- Oversee the enhancement and maintenance of key existing applications
- Manage the technology roadmap
- Research and propose new/different technologies or tools applicable to our business model
- Pair programming with all members of the team
What You Need for this Position Desired experience:
- 3 or more years professional Ruby on Rails web programming experience including:
- Responsive design (e.g. HTML, CSS, Sass, etc.)
- Automated testing via RSpec
- Release engineering with SCM and branching (e.g. Git) as well as build systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- SQL and ORM tools like ActiveRecord
- Schema design
- Test-driven development and agile methodologies
- Strong experience in debugging, root cause identification, and detailed analytics
- Experience in end-to-end optimization of software including system performance, profiling, efficiencies of code, etc.
- Experience as a project or team lead
What's In It for You - Salary - $130k-$160k
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Generous PTO + sick leave, thirteen paid holidays annually
- Paid four-week sabbatical every five years.
This position wont be open long! So, if you're a Senior Software Engineer with experience, APPLY NOW!!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.