Facility: LAWRENCEVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for all security and control related functions during duty shift per management instructions. Seeks to provide maximum facility coordination in prisoner supervision and safety.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all security functions during shift as assigned by management.
- Supervises the feeding of inmates/detainees during meal time.
- Makes routine inspections of all security equipment, doors, gates, fences, lighting systems, and other facility equipment as needed.
- Assists staff with unit counts.
- Reviews reports written by officers during shift and ensures these reports are submitted as required.
- Assures that officers receive on-the-job training and safety training as required.
- Inspects or directs work to inspection of perimeter to test alarm systems, detect safety hazards and to ensure safety rules are posted and enforced.
- Assists officers and staff with unruly inmates and other assignments as required. Investigates and reports causes of inmate/detainee disturbances.
- Responds to major unusual occurrences as trained. Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to detainees/inmates in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by inmate/ detainee workers. Assures that inmate/detainee workers under security supervision receive safety training.
- Provides management with input into decisions concerning employee performance ratings, disciplinary actions, and job assignments.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to personality and character development of detainees/ inmates and staff through the encouragement of favorable behavior patterns, arrangement of physical facilities, and influencing relationships among detainees/inmates.
- Assists in review of staff effectiveness by conducting frequent physical inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.