TSI provides trusted measurement, application guidance, and data analytics solutions that enable our global customers to make informed decisions. We are creating a better world by helping protect people, products and the environment, as well as by optimizing research and industrial processes. We hire curious, collaborative, and critical thinkers. Explore TSI careers!Trouble shoot and repair mechanical and electrical assemblies used in TSI equipment to the component level.Continually improve the setup, calibration and test procedures used on the new and service equipment orders.Provide training when necessary to the new build and service assemblers in your area.Communicate with engineering on product performance and functionality issues.Assist the Technical support group with our customers' needs for technical support.Work closely with other personnel in the Technicians group and the Service Technician Lead.Comply with ISO:17025 accreditation.Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to supervisor.Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
TSI is proud to expand its portfolio with industry leading instrumentation from Quest™. + Personal Noise Dosimeters + Sound Level Meters + Heat Stress Monitors + Indoor Air Quality/ Particulate Monitors
This is an entry level Service Technician position. Under general supervision, this position will be working in a repair and calibration environment trouble shooting and repairing mechanical and electronic assemblies used in a variety of TSI equipment to the component level. This position may be responsible for servicing customer returns or TSI sales inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2-year Electronic technical certificate is required. 2-year Electronic Technology AA degree is desired.
- 0-2 years of experience trouble shooting and repairing mechanical and electrical devices to the component level.
- 0-2 years of experience in testing, diagnostics, trouble shooting and repair of PCA circuit boards and complex instrumentation.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
- General electronic test equipment ie... Oscilloscope, VOM and other test equipment.
- Knowledge of electronic components and their usage in electronic circuits.
- Good trouble shooting skills.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
- Advanced soldering skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Above average analytical, decision making, problem solving and research skills.
Must be able to:
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Use standard office equipment such as copier, fax, telephone, postage, etc.
- Operate computer and other electronic equipment
- Use hand and electric tools and manipulate small objects.
Work is typically performed in a manufacturing environment working at a work bench on a level surface. Air quality and noise levels are within normal limits. Eye protection may be required. Under normal conditions, exposure to excessive noise, dust, humidity, and fumes is rare. May be required to work more hours than normally expected during a regular workweek depending on workload and deadline requirements.
May be required to sit for extended periods of time. May be required to stand and walk/move to different locations as needed. Regularly required to touch objects and distinguish between colors. May be required to smell materials. Routinely sees, speaks, hears, and listens.POSITION TYPE/EXPECED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30p.m. TRAVEL
No travel is expected for this position.
TSI provides trusted measurement, application guidance, and data analytics solutions that enable our global customers to make informed decisions. We are creating a better world by helping protect people, products and the environment, as well as by optimizing research and industrial processes.Nearest Major Market:
Milwaukee Job Segment:
Technician, Maintenance, Electrical, Engineer, Air Quality, Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering
This job has expired.