Champion Teamwear is looking for a team member to join the team as a Sewing Machine Operator Trainee. The position requires the ability to run multiple types of industrial sewing machines (single needle, serger, double needle hemmer) in order to assemble garments according to the specifications of each garment type. Attention to detail in a fast paced workplace is required. Must be able to work effectively, independently and maintain quality work. Individuals will work Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
This position provides a 90-day training course to help develop the skills needed to move into a Sewing Machine Operator role.
The training will touch on basic garment styles and types, basic garment construction of specific Kansas sew room styles, operation of numerous commercial sewing machines, basic maintenance of the sewing machines, (trouble shooting tension issues, skip stitches, threading needle, changing needle, winding bobbin), how to read and follow a construction tech pack. The 90-day training will include a sewing Matrix, one every 30, 60 and 90 days. The Matrix is designed to help improve the trainee's ability to grow within the trainee role and provide a road map to for trainees to succeed at becoming a Sewing Machine Operator.
- Complete position specific training plan and engage in continuous development utilizing a developmental plan.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained during production.
- Follow established standard operating procedures to complete construction of customer orders.
- Confirm orders are accurate for quantities, fabric type and size specifications.
- Identify and communicate delays or issues that may potentially keep a specific job from being completed.
- Provide ideas and suggestions for improvement of processes; participate in efficiency evaluations as needed.
- Maintain a clean and efficient work area.
- Assist the production team as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to read a garment construction tech pack.
- Ability to compute simple mathematical equations.
- Pattern knowledge a plus.
- Understanding of different stitch types and basic knowledge of garment construction.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively individually as well as part of a team.
- Ability to make sound and reasonable decisions.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
This job has expired.