Job ID: 484460
Preferred Materials, Inc., a CRH Company, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of construction materials, and construction/paving services in the United States. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, the Preferred Materials Region has facilities throughout the State of Florida, as well as Coastal Georgia and South Carolina. Companies within the Preferred Region are leading providers of ready mix concrete, concrete block, aggregate materials, hot mix and warm mix asphalt, as well as design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Preferred is committed to being a great place to work, and to attracting and retaining exceptional employees. We promote a strong safety culture, and have dedicated professionals who are focused on their own safety and the safety of their co-workers.
Coordinate block plant manufacturing activities during assigned shift. Operate block plant and yard equipment alongside block plant tenders.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Execute plant management team's daily shift production plans.
- Assign plant block plant tenders to specific jobs tasks to ensure shift production plan and plant targets are achieved.
- Coordinate and adjust work methods to meet work schedules and production targets.
- Hold daily job and safety briefings for shift crew.
- Set up, operate, adjust and troubleshoot block plant and yard equipment, including: block plant casting, batching, cubing, transfer systems, forklift and wheel loader.
- Review work areas and check tools and equipment for defects and safety concerns.
- Work with customers, site staff and company employees.
- Various administrative duties include safety training, inspections, reports, etc.
- Demonstrate equipment and work methods for new employees.
- Order block plant supplies and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.Knowledge/Skill Requirements
Use of machines, tools, block plant equipment, equipment monitors, operate forklift and loader, shovel, broom, hoses, hand and power tools, welder, cutting torch, chipper.
Technical expertise and mechanical inclination is needed to operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair plant and mobile equipment.
Strong interpersonal skills to effectively direct work through others while maintaining high safety and quality standards of production.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Preferred Materials, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Sep 19, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Sarasota Nearest Secondary Market:
Bradenton Job Segment:
Plant Manager, Forklift, Warehouse, Transportation, Manufacturing, Engineering
This job has expired.