Job ID: 483049
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
This position is responsible for the overall shipping/receiving function, including administrative tasks. Position may be required to support of other related departments/functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and locate all incoming material from truck and other sources into the ROI locations provided
- Oversee the loading and unloading of trucks
- Properly check in at time of receiving the goods and supplies
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure packaging meets specifications
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the warehouse
- Help control inventory by following pick ticket rules and regulations
- Responsible for the lock down of each bay and personnel door located in the warehouse
- Responsible for material transfer
- Operate forklift (certification required)
- Deliver paperwork to inventory office in timely manner after issues
- Operate shrink wrap machine
- Compare identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify against bills of lading, invoices orders, or other records
- Print and assess any changes in Dispatch Reports that may need expediting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements/Education/Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be a certified operator
- Computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
What CRH Offers You
- The employee is regularly required to lift and move up to 50lbs. Occasionally the employee may need to lift up to 65lbs, - should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
- Frequent walking, climbing stairs, bending, crouching, standing, extending arms to reach, etc.
- Able to work in dusty, small, noisy, hot and cold environments
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: May 17, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Houston Job Segment:
Shipping and Receiving, Machinist, Clerical, Warehouse, Forklift, Operations, Manufacturing, Administrative