Job ID: 320859
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of value-added, glazing-focused, interior and exterior products and services. We design, engineer, test and manufacture solutions in engineered curtain wall, storefronts and entrances, architectural glass, shower enclosures, glazing hardware, windows, railings and more.
The Shipping Lead role in our Moorestown location isn't just a job - it's a career opportunity with a great company.
We ask our Leads to be just that- Leaders. We will give you what you need to manage your employees and your business, and you will get to lead, every single day.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner and who loves to lead a dynamic team. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
We are seeking a full-time, 2nd shift, Shipping Lead to work in the Truck Loading Department of our Moorestown, NJ facility. The Production Lead is responsible to supervise and train production personnel in the daily operations during their shift in a manner consistent with overall Company policies and procedures, as well as, ensuring the final product is manufactured safely, is of high quality, and delivered on time to the customer.
Position is Mon- Fri with some Sundays, 5pm to 5am with a starting rate of $23.00/ hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise personnel, production workflow, safety and quality
- Confirm that employees have been instructed on the proper safety procedures
- Assist the Department Manager in handling the production line personnel, as well as, the production workflow
- Train new hires and/or transfers into the department
- Complete beginning of shift huddles to go over safety information, announcements, any necessary information from beginning shift meeting and assign tasks to shift personnel
- Ensure all personnel, prior to the start of shift, are wearing the correct safety equipment and that safety awareness is maintained throughout shift
- Ensure that individuals are applying proper techniques that comply with proper quality control procedures
- Report to maintenance and safety coordinator any safety hazards or equipment malfunctions/required maintenance
- Ensure that work effort is being applied effectively and that company quality standards and production capacities for the shift are met
- Provide feedback to Department Manager regarding performance of department employees
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely performing tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job
- Assist Department Manager with performance evaluations and verbal and written disciplinary warnings/counseling in accordance with the company's policy and procedures on shift personnel
- Complete production reports at the end of the shift, including work performed by department, back orders and hot items
- Responsible for assisting Safety Coordinator in completion of monthly safety trainings for shift personnel
- Consistently and effectively communicating with department manager, plant manager, technicians, HR, customer service and maintenance
- Enforce Safety rules and ensure work areas are maintained in a clean and orderly condition
- Directs production activities for products in keeping with effective operations
- Allocate shift personnel to various areas to accomplish scheduled jobs and to maintain production efficiencies
- Encourages and leads maximum shift production flow, while ensuring safety and quality
What CRH Americas Offers You
- At least 1 year of Lead experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Able to operate under pressure, meet strict deadlines, effectively prioritize work load and capacity to multi task
- Ability to lead by example and build effective teams
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a factory environment and perform manual labor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
- Ability to read and perform mathematical calculations and measurements with numbers, fractions, and decimals
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- 401k with company match
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Philadelphia Job Segment:
Shipping and Receiving, Warehouse, Plant, Industrial, Design Engineer, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering
This job has expired.