Job ID: 482853
RiverBend Materials, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Whether you're looking for an opportunity to break into the construction industry, or looking for the next step in your career, our team can provide you with a fun and challenging opportunity to grow with an industry leader. In this role, you'll perform general maintenance duties for various yard locations in our company. You'll travel between Salem, Eugene, and Corvallis, performing various landscaping duties and site maintenance. You'll play an integral part as we work together to reinvent the way our world is built.
If you're someone that enjoys working outdoors, helping others, and being a part of building something great, this is the career path for you. Limited experience? No worries! We'll assist with training to provide you with the skills you need to be successful. If you've got the drive, we'll help you to reach your goals.
Wage: $20/hr DOE w/ potential for overtime
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with 5% company match & profit sharing
- Potential for Overtime
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement Program - We'll assist with continuing education that aligns with your career goals
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
- Maintain cleanliness of batch plant/production site premises.
- Perform landscaping duties such as mowing grass, trimming and planting bushes and trees.
- Design and build landscaping improvement projects as directed.
- Maintenance of tools.
- Empty garbage.
- Run bobcat, man lift, forklift, front end loader, weed eaters, chain saws and other brush clearing tools.
- Drive water truck, sweeper, and company pick-up truck.
- Assist in picking up parts and piloting moves in company vehicle.
- Routinely assist other members of the workforce in different areas of production.
- Promptly communicate with supervisors on any flaws in material.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Able to work in a safe manner as well as maintain a safe work environment.
- Has a positive attitude in a team environment.
- Has good internal and external customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance, and punctuality.
- Must pass pre-employment physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
- Demonstrates the ability to work overtime and weekends/holidays as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Must have current US Authorization to work or ability to obtain without company assistance prior to start date.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Our team will provide the necessary PPE to keep you safe while you work. However, you must provide your own pair of steel-toed boots.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
RiverBend Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: May 12, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Eugene Job Segment:
Laborer, Front End, Construction, General Labor, Maintenance, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing
This job has expired.