i3 is proud to help our nation's military personnel make the transition to civilian careers through the Department of Defense (DoD) SkillBridge program. These opportunities are specifically for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. Participants are not eligible for compensation as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
i3 will consider any active-duty member that is eligible for the DoD SkillBridge program; however, for immediate consideration, we are looking for Military members to fill the following role(s):
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician
This position performs MQ-9 maintenance, inspections, and support functions to include, but not limited to pre, thru, and postflight aircraft inspections, launch and recovery, towing operations, mechanical repairs, and troubleshooting while adhering to and utilizing applicable DoD regulations and U.S. Air Force instructions. Located in Victorville, California Southern California Logistics Airport. Responsibilities
- Repair mechanical issues related to the MQ9 Reaper, Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA)
- Implementing operational policies and procedures.
- Provides flight line and ground support to include towing, refueling, defueling, launch, and recovery of aircraft.
- Inspects airframe, powerplant, and propeller components.
- Certifies aircraft records that the aircraft is in a condition safe for flight.
- Assist in the testing, maintenance, and operation of ground equipment.
Required Qualifications :
- Must be able to participate in the DoD Skillbridge Program.
- 3+ years of aircraft maintenance experience. *MQ-9 specific not required.
- General knowledge and use of hand tools.
- Excellent understanding of aircraft maintenance procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of technical manuals and DoD instructions.
- 5 Skill Level (or equivalent)
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 Pounds.
- High School degree.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- US citizenship and Active Secret Security Clearance.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Prior F-16, F-15, F-35, F-22, RQ-4, U2 or A-10 "Crew Chief" maintenance experience desired. Avionics Specialists will also be considered.
SkillBridge Requirements :
- Must be a current Active Duty Servicemember having served at least 180 days.
- Must be separating from the Military within 12 months.
- Will receive an honorable discharge.
- Must be able to complete 40 hours per week.
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Willingness to learn from others on the job.
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months.
- Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in the chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to the start of internship.
For more information on the DoD SkillBridge program, please visit https://dodskillbridge.usalearning.gov/.GOAL:
Offer transitioning service members a rewarding opportunity to join the Integration Innovation, Inc (i3) team.About i3
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, i3 is a national leader in providing innovative technical and engineering solutions to a broad customer base across the U.S. DoD. Specializing in missile and aviation engineering and logistic services, electronic warfare and electromagnetic affects analysis, UAS system integration and flight operations, full lifecycle C5ISR engineering services, engineering analysis, cybersecurity and IT/IA innovative solutions and virtual training, simulation & serious game development and implementation.
- We were founded in 2007 with the intent to do business differently.
- Our focus is to leave our team members, our customers and our communities better than we found them.
- Our ultimate goal is to strengthen our Nation and our warfighter.
Perks and Benefits at i3:
- 100% team member owned
- Outstanding insurance coverage
- 401(k) match
- Health and wellness incentives
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- Generous PTO
- Fun culture with company activities
Countless opportunities to give back to the community through our charitable organization