At Motiva Enterprises LLC, our key asset is our people. We have over 2,500 dedicated employees who allow us to fulfill our mission - to be the safest and most profitable downstream company in the world. We own and operate North America's largest refinery, based in Port Arthur, Texas, along with a petrochemical facility and supporting logistics. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, we are an integral part of the downstream group within Aramco.
The Motiva SmartPlant P&ID Administrator (SPPID Admin) reports to Sr. Manager, Engineering Design Technology (EDT) and serves as the corporate technical expert for Motiva's Smart P&IDs and other 2D Design applications. The purpose of this position is to ensure that As-Built and project databases for Motiva's P&IDs are maintained and properly managed to ensure the safe, reliable operations of Motiva's facilities and provide a competitive advantage through efficient project design and improved operational performance.
The SPPID Admin provides leadership and advanced support and establishes Motiva's long and short-term strategy for all matters related to SmartPlant P&ID. They provide assurance and develop standards and guides to ensure proper and consistent use of the tool for projects, operations, and maintenance. They provide technical expertise and support on system design, software upgrades and troubleshooting. They also are responsible for workflow process development and user training for EPC partners including HVECs.
Experience and Qualifications Required:Basic Qualifications:
- Administration of Engineering Design applications - Smart P&ID, other 2D design applications
- Setup and configuration, installation, user access control, backup, troubleshooting, project data cleanup, database administration, report customization etc.
- Ownership of the P&ID data management for projects, operations, and maintenance.
- Smart P&ID automation programming
- Customization of reference data, synchronization activities, workshare collaboration and quality checks
- Responsible to maintain and document reference data standards, attributes across the sites, maintain project deliverables and training materials.
- Coordinate with design team, project team, document management team and technical groups to provide operations and maintenance support.
- Support document management application in conjunction with Management of Change (MOC), revision management and data handover
- Assist IT in planning and implementation of software upgrades and patches.
- Function as the front-end technical interface with EPCs, third party vendors for software testing assignments and application support.
- Provide technical guidance, training, and support to 2D designers, application end users and superusers within Motiva, EPCs and HVECs on subjects related to Motiva's 2D design work procedures and standards.
- Develop standard procedures and project guides, quality assurance documents for maintenance, operations, and projects.
- Stay abreast of updates and/or changes to industry standards and practices.
- Communicate strategies, risks, and recommendations to Motiva Leadership regarding technical approach for design project execution, data extraction, to improve the quality of project deliverables.
- High School Diploma Required.
- 5+ Years of relevant Hexagon SPID Administration experience
- 10+ Years of experience in project execution regarding P&ID development and engineering design for oil and gas, petrochemical and/or chemical industry
- Training certification on Hexagon SPID Administration and Advanced User
- Proven experience administering, troubleshooting, and customizing of Hexagon's SPPID
- Strong knowledge of Smart Engineering Tools
- Understanding of database architecture related to Hexagon's Smart applications, Oracle/SQL database structure, Oracle report builder and SQL developer.
- Knowledge of PIP standards and practices (PIC001)
- Must have strong communication and engagement skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Ability to think analytically and adapt quickly.
- Self-driven and motivated
- Conceptual thinker and able to work with complex systems.
- Experience with P&ID field walkdowns
- Experience working for an owner/operator
We reserve the right to amend or withdraw Motiva jobs at any time, including prior to the closing date. Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or grade.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Motiva Enterprises LLC without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (for example, TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.
This job has expired.