Social Worker for the ED
Why Mount Carmel?
Offering access to more than 250 primary care and specialty care providers by way of our 60+ free-standing clinics throughout central Ohio, Mount Carmel Medical Group is focused on doing what's best and doing what's right for you and your family. We believe in offering our patients the highest quality medical care in a convenient, friendly atmosphere. We strive to make the doctor-patient relationship a friendly one and encourage patients to take an active role in their healthcare.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
- Mount Carmel offers DailyPay - if you're hired as an eligible colleague, you'll be able to see how much you've made every day and transfer your money any time before payday. You Deserve To Get Paid Every Day!
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest - ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com!
Our Social Worker in collaboration with the care team helps facilitate and collaborate services for patient while admitted (both in house and in the emergency department) and post discharge. The social worker assesses for and links patients and their families to resources, provides psychosocial assessment and support.Responsibilities
- Supports campus and system goals for capacity management through achieving length of stay goals, identification of avoidable delays at department approved levels, and other Case Management initiatives.
- Completes comprehensive assessment of patient situations utilizing Case Management documentation standards, review of medical record, collaboration with health care team and discussion with patient/family.
- Recognizes problems, systematically gathers data, identifies/understands underlying issues, synthesizes complex issues, seeks input from others and makes difficult decisions to formulate appropriate treatment plans.
- Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited program.
- LSW license in the State of Ohio required
- Two years minimum of recent discharge planning experience in an acute care setting and knowledge of basic medical terminology and basic computer skills.
*This is a Full-time, ER position.
*Night Shift - 11 p.m. - 7:30 a.m. - Tuesday - Saturday
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence - all while making a real difference in patients' lives - begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.