Responsible for the analysis, design, code, test, documentation and support of new software applications and enhancements to existing applications. Contribute to the preparation of specifications to resolve business client questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Analyzes and documents how the business requirements fit into existing system
- Assist others in refining system specifications
- Participate in gathering specifications from users
- Translate detailed program specifications for less complex problems and clearly defined segments of more complex programs into coded computer instructions
- Create and/ or modify programs to adapt to changes in needs and requirements
- Test coded program routines and make revisions to eliminate errors, with supervision
- Review test results with users, complete final program documentation, and obtain approval for changes
- Assist in on-the-job training of less experienced programmers
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 2+ years of experience in all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation and source management
- Possess strong working experience using one or more of the following skill sets: .Net, C#, VB.Net, SQL, SSIS, SSRS
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Ability to work in an open team environment
- Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions and empathize with others
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with direct guidance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Effective time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Experience with relational databases
- Understanding of data modeling concepts
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.