Senior Engineer - API/ Full stack
Fully Remote (PST hours)
12+ months' contract
Looking for a talented Senior API/Full stack Engineer with exposure to DevOps. You should be well experienced in API development and use of DevOps tools and should have exposure to Microsoft Azure or similar public cloud.
• Build out and improve workforce experience engineering API platform and capabilities. Also, mentor and support teams producing and consuming APIs, and building individual APIs.
• Own (as part of a team) the configuration code; work closely with internal customers to identify requirements and make the necessary changes to configuration code including tests; manage deployment of changes.
• Monitor and improve DevOps tools and processes, automate mundane tasks, and improve system reliability by implementing self-healing.
• Keep CI toolchain up to date and resolve problems as they arise.
• Evaluate and potentially deploy CI services on a cloud provider such as Azure.
• Work closely with the development team to integrate new features, components and assets into the build and release process and systems.
• Help in the creation of hooks from repository through continuous integration and on to Enterprise AppStore.
• Create and maintain the project build and configuration documentation
• Support coding design and style standards from within the build process
• Support code repository build tagging, branching and merging in GIT
• 12+ years' experience in Information Technology, with a minimum 8+ years as a Senior Software Engineer in large corporate environment. Must have strong current hands-on development skills with exposure to object-oriented design principles, patterns, and best practices.
• Mastery of Java programming language (along with J2SE ecosystem) with advanced knowledge of other multiple programming / scripting languages. Experience with JVM ecosystem, memory model, tuning, threading, reactive streams, modularization.
• API design and implementation (remote vs local APIs, routing and reverse proxying, load balancing, optimization techniques, BFF etc.)
• Demonstrated expertise of multiple domains across the applications and technical architectures, DevOps including the inter-relationships and interfaces between systems and technologies
• Experience with various Automation Tools
Experience with following
o Chef, Docker, MacOS, Red Hat Linux, Windows, Code and Image repositories (Git, Github)
o Automated testing tools (Chef Kitchen and Inspec, XCUITest, Appium, etc.)
o Shell scripting (Bash, Python, PowerShell)
o Networking - Understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, NAT, PAT, Routing, Load Balancing as well as Packet inspection tools (wireshark, etc.)
o Monitoring and Monitoring Tools (Nagios, Dynatrace, Splunk, etc.)
o CI/CD Tools (Jenkins)
o Agile development tools (Jira)
o Apache & NGINX
o Cloud computing (Azure, Bluemix)
• Must have good interpersonal and professional communication skills.
• Experience deploying changes to production environments
• Ability to work independently to deliver on a schedule without sacrificing quality
• Good organizational skills
• Bachelor's/Master's degree in science/engineering.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!