Position: Software Engineer (Instruments/Programming)
Based: Menlo Park, CA
Job ID: JR100182
Pacific Biosciences is looking for a Software Engineer (Instruments/Programming) to serve as part of a unit, which is responsible for runtime control operations in company's sequencing instruments and for operational software, incl. robots, lasers, optics, electromechanical devices, and environmental modules.
- Focus on development in all assigned areas of the instrument, using agile software development and test-driven design technologies and philosophies.
- Design and code controller software components, develop services and diagnostics for hardware devices by interfacing with motion control processors, custom FPGA firmware, and third-party devices over serial or network connections, and refactor subsystems, collaborating with others to improve overall design.
- Create documentation for designs and tests, work with electrical and mechanical engineers on designs and troubleshooting, and perform other duties as needed.
- Part time remote work/work at home may be permitted within commuting distance of the Menlo Park, CA office
- Master's degree in computer science, information science, or related field
- At least 1 year in position offered or in an application software development role
- Design and implement application in compliance with NCQA certification requirements
- Develop web based application using C# programming, .Net, ASP MVC, React, SQL and MongoDB
- Unit test authoring
- Dependency injection in object-oriented design
- Translate functional requirements to code
- Integrate ORM CURD with SQL server via Entity Framework and Dapper
- Azure cloud
Hiring Requirements: Background Check
Salary: $138,200 to $187,000 per year
Job site: 1305 O'Brien Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025.
This notice is being provided as a result of the filing of an application for permanent alien labor certification for the above job opportunity. Any documentary evidence bearing on the application can be provided by any person to: Certifying Officer, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, Office of Foreign Labor Certification, 200 Constitution Avenue NW, Room N-5311, Washington, DC 20210.
$138,200.00 - $187,000.00
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on:
This job has expired.
- Equal Opportunity Employment