Facebook is in search of the world's most creative and experienced engineering leaders. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Machine Learning Engineering Managers are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility.
- Be both highly technical and an effective people manager
- Be a subject matter expert in an ML domain
- Lead teams that deliver on multiple projects of increasing dependencies in an ambiguous or high-impact area
- Work with your team and cross functional partners to define and influence strategy
- Drive roadmap creation and execution
- Collaborate with various functions, drive engineering initiatives and have an impact at an organizational level
- Participate in technical design
- Measure the impact of your team and set clear expectations and goals
- Work effectively with cross functional partners and stakeholders to set and achieve optimal outcomes
- Partner with leadership to influence and drive org design, contribution and prioritization
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management building large scale systems, algorithms, and toolsets within the Machine Learning domain
- 5+ years experience coding in one of the following languages: C++, Java, Python and/or PHP
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years work experience)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.