Merakey is seeking a Special Education Teacher to join our Education Services team within in Children's and Family Division in our schools in Scranton, PA
SIGN ON BONUS -$2500!!!
This position requires a current PA Special Education teaching certification. This is a full time benefited position with a traditional 10-month school year schedule and year-round salary. Additional hours and compensation available with ESY (Extended School Year) over the summer.
Benefits (including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, etc) are effective upon date of hire!
WHY TEACH AT MERAKEY?
• Benefits are effective upon date of hire and including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and much more
• Teacher to student ratio never to exceed 1:8
• Individualized approach for every student
• 10-month traditional school year with paid summers off
• Additional hours and compensation available with ESY (Extended School Year)
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider with a fifty-year history. We offer a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. Our belief that every individual has the right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment guides all of our decisions. At Merakey, we care about each other and are committed to providing the very best care to those we serve.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer! We deeply value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ethnic background, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability status. Moreover, we are committed to creating teams that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
• Teachers working at a Merakey School are required to have a Bachelor's degree in Special education, or a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 18 credits in special education and 6 credits in education theory.
• Must possess a Pennsylvania Special Education certificate; or a Pennsylvania Private Academic certification with ability to attain public certification within one year from date of hire will be considered.
• 1-3 years experience (3-5 preferred)
• Must obtain and maintain agency physical management certification credentials.
• Experience working with students with autism or emotional support is required; this can include student teaching.
• Demonstrated ability to development classroom strategies that promote an effective teaching and learning environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Half Moon Bay, California
Posted about 10 hours ago
San Bernardino, California
Posted about 6 hours ago
Los Angeles, California
Posted about 6 hours ago