Sr. Assistant Manager (CA)
336 - Santa Maria Extra
We are searching for an experienced Sr. Assistant Manager (CA) at 1721 So Broadway Santa Maria, California, 93454.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Assistant Manager (SAM) reports to the Store Manager. A SAM position with Smart & Final Stores Corporation (the "Company") is considered a critical entry-level management job. In this regard, the SAM plays a crucial role in managing the day-to-day activities of their store, including assigning work to, evaluating and having direct supervisorial responsibility for store associates (except those store associates that may be specifically designated as within the direct supervisorial responsibility of the Store Manager). In addition, in the absence of the Store Manager or upon the Store Manager's delegation, the SAM must fulfill all of the Store Manager duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned or required:
- Planning and Organizing - Plans and organizes work so that it is completed within the appropriate labor matrix.
- Analytical Skills - Understands and utilizes P&L, RMIA, Labor, Bottom of Basket Scan (BOB) and other daily operating reports to maximize operational effectiveness.
- Budgeting and Budget Performance - Establishes accurate budget projections; strives to operate within established store budgets.
- Merchandising Presentation - Maintains full, properly-merchandised displays throughout the store.
- Internal Controls Compliance - Demonstrates adherence to all internal standards set forth through internal audit programs.
- Shrink Control - Controls Company assets consistent with established guidelines.
- Inventory Management Control - Maintains inventory levels within acceptable levels and monitors in-stock conditions.
- Sanitation - Ensures sanitation standards are maintained within acceptable levels.
- Motivation and Teamwork - Successfully motivates associates to perform assigned functions and achieve objectives
- Associate Training and Development - Selects and trains associates; develops associates who perform effectively and productively.
- Decision Making, Problem Solving and Follow-Through - Analyzes problems effectively, determines appropriate action, and promptly implements solution.
- Customer Satisfaction - Leads team in establishing and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Communication - Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all groups in the organization, as well as customers and vendors.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively utilize e-mail, basic Excel, payroll, DSD, manager specials/price change programs, and new software as implemented. Knowledge of usage of all handheld devices.
- To successfully perform the job of a SAM, an individual must be honest, reliable and be able to reinforce our company values: Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability, Respect and Growth.
Please note: This is a summary of the job description. A complete job description may be obtained by contacting Human Resources.Required Qualifications:
At a minimum, the successful job applicant will have at least one of the following: an Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Retail Management Certificate (RMCP) or enrolled in one RMCP course. Must have prior work experience in retail operations or equivalent work experience as determined by Company management; and possess a basic understanding of computer operations, marketing, finance and human resources.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This job has expired.