AutoNation is looking for a Sr. Business Intelligence Developer to join our team! As an independent contributor, you will develop and support Microsoft BI applications and database solutions within the AutoNation enterprise. You will be responsible to define technical requirements and gain an understanding of the business to be effective at satisfying system requests. Key responsibilities of this position include: Creating and modifying stored procedures SSRS reports and SSIS packages. Additionally, they will work with business owners to define, design, and develop requirements given time and budget constraints.
- Develop SQL based application solutions and enhancements that meet user requirements.
- Create, modify, and test SQL queries, stored procedures, and SSIS packages for obtaining data from diverse source systems and platforms and keep them in synch with hourly changes.
- Create new or modify existing SSRS/Power BI reports for operational reporting.
- Implement ETL and other data movement requirements Microsoft SSIS and SQL.
- Follow development standards for enterprise data warehouses and application databases.
- Document the logical and physical components of operational databases and their functionality during their work.
- Understand table indexing and query strategies, database objects maintenance and performance issues.
- Analyze problems as assigned and provide solutions to address business needs.
- Assist in the roll-out of new SQL based applications, problem fixes, and enhancements of software.
- Understand how assigned programs link with those of other programs and the overall system schema.
- Create consistent and accurate technical and end-user documentation of implemented applications, databases, and systems.
- Follow Microsoft SQL and database best practices to improve the operational reporting environment while focusing on resolving problems raised by team members, stakeholders and end users.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and safety standards.
- Seven to ten years of development experience in various BI tools and technologies including but not limited to Microsoft BI stack
- More than five years of development experience in Stored Procedures, SSIS and SSRS
- Experience in designing, developing, and supporting Data warehouses, data marts and Operational Data sources
- Experience in working with big datasets.
- Previous business analysis experience.
- Result oriented and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Cube development and MDX development in Microsoft Analysis Services.
- Prior experience in big projects or big IT organizations
- Experience in Query optimizations or performance tuning of various MS BI objects
- Experience in .NET, C# development, MSMQ, SOAP and XML.
- Experience with Object Oriented designs, middle-ware architectures, distributed computing solutions.
- Microsoft Certifications
- Exposure to cloud technologies like Azure, Snowflake, AWS etc.
Next Possible Position: Technical Lead
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Business Intelligence developer, SSIS, SSRS, TSQL, SQL, SSAS, stored procedures, data warehouses, data marts, operational data sources, South Florida, Fort Lauderdale
As America’s largest and most recognized automotive retailer, AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training, competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing in our Associates’ professional futures. With over 315 locations from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We’ve sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25 million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.
This job has expired.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.