If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Pediatrics- Nephrology Division has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Clinic Assistant. The Senior Clinic Assistant works directly with patients and various healthcare facilities to obtain patient information for medical records in preparation for first clinic visits. The incumbent also assists with patient care, such as nursing activities and laboratory collections.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Explains HIPPA to patients and obtains signatures.
- Submits signed consents to healthcare centers to initiate retrieval of medical records, x-rays, and other pertinent reports.
- Tracks pending records to ensure delivery prior to clinic visits.
- Verify insurance; obtain necessary authorizations or referrals and any other information needed for appropriate patient billing.
- Ensure physician complete billing documentation for each visit.
- Communicates to the appropriate nurse coordinator if difficult or unable to obtain pertinent records.
- Travels within the facility and campus to retrieve records, films, or CDs. May collect and prepare specimens.
- Maintains accurate clinical records per hospital policy while preserving confidentiality of patient information.
- Assembles, completes, and processes patients' charts.
- Assists with ordering, receiving, distributing, sorting, and storing supplies.
- Reports suspicious or unusual incidents to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Assists with clerical duties, to include receiving phone calls, sending faxes and emails, and scanning and copying documents.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.