If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Sr. Environmental Services Technician (U) cleans, disinfects, maintains, and calibrates all equipment utilized within the facility. Additionally, the Sr. Environmental Services Technician (U) oversees the work of junior staff to ensure compliance with applicable health and waste regulations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS
- Ensures that all biohazard waste is disposed of in the appropriate manner.
- Confirms that all applicable storage equipment is filled as per protocol.
- Guarantees that all necessary supplies are stored and retrieved in a timely manner.
- Refills toilet paper and other paper products in assigned facilities.
- Delegates cleaning assignments to junior staff.
- Reports damage or abuse of property, maintenance concerns, and any fire or safety hazards.
- Oversees the inventory of equipment and supplies in assigned areas.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.