Responsible for completing projects under all assigned areas of federal tax compliance and IRS audit defense for the purpose of ensuring compliance with US federal tax laws and reporting requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and self-review all federal tax compliance and related workpapers including: the consolidated return, estimated payments, extension calculations, amended returns, earnings & profits calculations, purchase accounting, net operating losses, tax basis balance sheets, stock basis calculations, acquisition related disclosures, estimates for the income tax provision, etc.
- Research and document the Company's tax return positions and exposures with regard to all areas of federal tax including consolidated returns, general tax, fixed assets, accounting methods, tax attributes and tax shelter disclosures. Monitor developments in applicable areas of the tax law to determine the impact on the Company's tax return positions. Document tax policies and procedures to correspond with the issuance of new or revised accounting policies. Research and document federal tax law with regard to transactions and legal entity reorganizations to ensure the Company maintains the most tax efficient structure.
- Manage the tax compliance software tool (OneSource Tax Compliance). Initiate the development and implementation of practices for efficient collection of information and preparation of returns. Design processes and procedures to maintain the downloaded book financial information and tax data. Work with Accounting and IT to ensure GAAP accounting information is recorded and the Hyperion reporting tool is set up to facilitate the download of information into the tax preparation software. Work with the Accounting Department to gain an understanding of book treatment for transactions to ensure appropriate federal return positions.
- Provide technical assistance with regard to IRS Practice & Procedure and assist in defending the Company's tax positions during IRS audits and in responding to IRS notices.
- Assist with the quarterly evaluations of legislative developments, transactions, tax planning and uncertain tax benefits. Prepare documentation of the Company's positions with regard to income tax exposures.
- Prepare projections of regular taxable income and earnings & profits. Prepare forecasts of worldwide cash taxes. Maintain projections models used for tax planning purposes.
- Manage employment tax credit process with the 3rd party provider (currently ADP).
- Maintain the income tax due date calendar for the federal filings for all entities. Set up new filings and generate necessary reports.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Preferred Graduate Degree CPA and/or Masters of Taxation are preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in a work environment dealing with large corporate tax affairs which may be in industry, Big 4 accounting firm or similar surroundings and 3-6 years is preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES
- Excellent computer skills including experience with accounting and tax software and MS Office software
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of corporate tax law
- Project management skills and time management skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to research
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with collaboration
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage upward
- Must conduct himself/herself in a professional, respectful, and appropriate manner at all times
- Strong organizational skills
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, OR ABILITIES:
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience with OneSource Tax Compliance Software
- Experience with Hyperion and Hyperion Retrieve
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Sound business judgment and decision making skills
- Effective planning skills
- Innovation and creativity
Inspire Brands is a multi-brand restaurant company whose portfolio includes nearly 32,000 Arby's, Baskin-Robbins, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dunkin', Jimmy John's, Rusty Taco and SONIC Drive-In restaurants worldwide.
We're made up of some of the world's most iconic restaurant brands, but we're much more than just a restaurant company. We're a team of hundreds of thousands who individually and collectively are changing the way people eat, drink and gather around the table. We know that food is much more than a staple-it's an experience. At Inspire, that's our purpose: to ignite and nourish flavorful experiences.
This job has expired.