If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center has an exciting opportunity for a Functional Genomics - Senior Manager Research. The Senior Manager, Research Laboratory, manages the day-to-day operations of the research laboratory, to include maintenance and upkeep, in order to ensure and efficient and effective lab working environment.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ensures efficient and effective departmental operations including department quality control and compliance adherence.
- Formulates and implements short- and long-range goals for the operations of the laboratories.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates systems to assess current and projected laboratory services.
- Serves as a liaison between investigators, research personnel, and staff to resolve specific operating problems and improve technical activities.
- Advises on technical procedures, techniques, and equipment, and maintains conformance with applicable operational standards.
- Evaluates and recommends new techniques and technologies.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of assigned project(s) with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and resources. Installs and maintains laboratory equipment in compliance with federal regulations.
- Assures that the laboratory technicians are properly trained in standard operating procedures and equipment specific requirements.
- Assists in the determination of fiscal requirements and in the preparation of budgetary recommendations.
- Compiles and prepares reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations and conclusions.
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in molecular biology. At least 4 years of experience in functional genomics preferred.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.