As a strategic partner to the broader Americas Executive team and the Americas VP Strategy & Business Development, this position will support the continued execution of the Americas region's strategic initiatives. You will work alongside the Americas Strategy and Transformation Team to help the business design, implement, and communicate enhancements to the organizations' strategy, productivity, performance, and long-term profitability.
While the specific job deliverables will vary according to project needs, you will have the broad skills needed to exercise strong analytical, critical thinking, governance, and program management capabilities while helping to solve complex problems and communicate plans and progress. You'll work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment that exposes you to a variety of experiences across the organization while you develop business skills and increase the bandwidth and velocity of the Americas Strategy and Transformation Team.
This position requires extensive interaction and collaboration across business functions and all levels of staff including senior executives, business leaders, and subject-matter-experts. Establishing working relationships with Sales, Sales Operations, Services, Marketing, Offering Management, Finance, and Corporate Strategy is critical to success.
40% - Drive execution of business governance activities in support of the Americas Leadership team
- Define management cadence for driving execution and accountability of overall performance and initiatives
- Manage preparation and content development for key meetings (Executive Management, Board of Directors, etc.)
- Set meeting agendas and drives preparation for reporting and business/initiative reviews
- Develop KPIs and scorecards to monitor regional level execution against key drivers and assumptions
40% - Provide program support for strategic initiatives, including the broader Americas strategic planning process
- Provide hands-on project support for prioritized initiatives led by senior members of the Americas Strategy and Transformation team; activities may include conducting market research, collecting and analyzing feedback, performing financial analysis, supporting brainstorming sessions, and compiling recommendations while being exposed to key leaders and subject experts across the business
- Drive program management and governance processes to keep key strategic projects on track to ensure they meet business requirements and goals; track key action items and project milestones to support on-time program delivery
- Prioritize the business portfolio of strategic initiatives to develop complete programs, including an understanding of costs, anticipated benefits, risks, and interdependencies
- Establish measurement criteria to monitor the performance of established strategies, drive governance to review progress, and action countermeasures as necessary
- Support subject matter experts in documenting processes to support activities and drive improvement
20% - Develop executive communication for internal and external purposes
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Qualifications:
- Develop concise executive-level presentations and communications to drive timely and informed decision making
- Partner with internal teams to identify core messages for delivery; unify messaging across the Americas region to ensure alignment for key deliverables
(education, experience level, knowledge, skills, certifications).
- Bachelors' Degree in Business, Engineering or Technology/Operations is desirable; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in internal business consulting function, or top-tier management consulting firm, or strategy firm
- Exceptional written and oral skills communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Suite skills including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
POSITIONS ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Strategic Thinking: Evaluating industry trends, developing long-term implications, and recommending pragmatic strategies for continuous improvement and new business opportunities
- Analytical Rigor: Ability to bring structure to ill-defined problems and intellectual leadership to problem solving; synthesize insights from analysis and ensure credible, actionable recommendations
- Communications Skills: Ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, promote ideas and proposals persuasively; ability to manage controversial situations including senior level leaders and external groups
- Program Management: Drive program management and governance processes to keep programs on track to ensure they meet business requirements and goals
- Travel: Infrequent (< 10%)
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv's Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities. OUR CORE PRINCIPALS:
Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion.OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, O, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
This job has expired.